Is this for real?

direfun2000

I just can't figure out why no one would be getting out of that room. Almost any other room in the ship would be better than one with a slick floor and so much loose material---but you don't see anyone running (sliding sideways!) for an exit. Weird.

I don't know if you guys saw but there was a guy sitting on the ground that slide hard from upper left to lower right, it looked kinda funny but you know he got hurt big time.

Also the Crewman that hid behind the pillar was pointing at someone else that got smashed, last few seconds of the tape.

The tape is real, reminds me of my Navy days.

Fred

Well, I an leaning to not real. But you never know. The camera never moves, so that means it had to be hard mounted. I never saw a camera mounted on the wall of our dinning room.

Um..hard to make that assessment based on sailing on the oldest ship on one cruise line. Im sure there are various lines that have security cams in the dining room.

It looks very real to me, Im sure when the NCL ship hit that rouge wave a few years ago, the dining room looked pretty similar to this based on the pictures I have seen.

No way, there were large items that went flying across, could of killed someone if hit, one was like a big aluminum cabinet.

Fred

I know it is not easy.... they can have those large item controlled so as not to hit guests.

Given the good population of people have been and will be going cruise. I believe there is niche there.

I know it is not easy.... they can have those large item controlled so as not to hit guests.

Given the good population of people have been and will be going cruise. I believe there is niche there.

Universal Studios had Earthquake which was pretty cool, youre in a Subway and the train comes in and buckles up into the audience, fire breaks out and pipes are broken with water all over the place, also the ceiling caves in and a Semi truck comes crashing down from the street above. This is all reset in a minute or 2 for the next tram.

But from the Video, there wasn't anything tied down or controlled, new things kept coming down with each heel.

We just need someone to sign up to be able to read the 64 comments.

Fred

I don't know if you guys saw but there was a guy sitting on the ground that slide hard from upper left to lower right, it looked kinda funny but you know he got hurt big time.

Also the Crewman that hid behind the pillar was pointing at someone else that got smashed, last few seconds of the tape.

The tape is real, reminds me of my Navy days.

Fred

Gotta agree, Fred. The video is real.

From the clip you can see that she has a fairly narrow beam indicating a smaller ship.

Also, they're taking the seas from the side rather than bow on. To me that means a problem maneuvering.

gen137.gif

Actually looks like our cruise on the Fantasy last year. Except after going back and forth a few times we came to rest what seemed sideways for about 20 min. Was hard to walk. The pools emptied into the elevator shaft, and glass was broken everywhere. Was kind of fun till people got hurt. :( But the captain did an amazing job and kept us informed. It was a STRONG cold front and we had hurricane force winds. I have some pictures of the waves that crashed our balcony on deck 8. What is the best way to put pictures on here?

Universal Studios had Earthquake which was pretty cool, youre in a Subway and the train comes in and buckles up into the audience, fire breaks out and pipes are broken with water all over the place, also the ceiling caves in and a Semi truck comes crashing down from the street above. This is all reset in a minute or 2 for the next tram.

But from the Video, there wasn't anything tied down or controlled, new things kept coming down with each heel.

We just need someone to sign up to be able to read the 64 comments.

Fred

okay i signed up but the comments are trashy one's so I cant post them!!

LOL :D Thanks.

Fred

like a bunch of college age kids, cursing and says unappropriate things about people's mother's..nothing to confirm or deny the video......what a joke....the comments anyway.......

gen137.gif

Actually looks like our cruise on the Fantasy last year. Except after going back and forth a few times we came to rest what seemed sideways for about 20 min. Was hard to walk. The pools emptied into the elevator shaft, and glass was broken everywhere. Was kind of fun till people got hurt. :( But the captain did an amazing job and kept us informed. It was a STRONG cold front and we had hurricane force winds. I have some pictures of the waves that crashed our balcony on deck 8. What is the best way to put pictures on here?

Right click on pic, then copy. Reply to message, right click again and hit paste

I wonder if this is what it looked like outside!!:eek:

Now that was rough. Almost as bad as the North Atlantic in the fall.

I remember seeing that video before. If I recall the ships engines went out and she was not able to make headway in the storm.

Archived