disabled traveler

mrspaper

Only having been to St. Thomas once I seem to remember that there are quite a bit of shops nearby and accessible in an electric wheelchair. I sure hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong because my stepson will be joining us next time. He also uses a wheelchair. Does anyone know if Paradise Point is accessible by wheelchair? Thanks.

happy flamingo - contact Paradise Point about accessiability: http://www.stthomasskyride.com. There are steps for getting to the tram and for getting off the tram and down to the restaurant/bar; don't recall seeing a way to get around the steps but contact them and find out from them to be sure.

--Islander

Only having been to St. Thomas once I seem to remember that there are quite a bit of shops nearby and accessible in an electric wheelchair. I sure hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong because my stepson will be joining us next time. He also uses a wheelchair. Does anyone know if Paradise Point is accessible by wheelchair? Thanks.

There is a very winding and steep road that goes to the top, but not recommending it for wheel chair. Unless he can park the wheel chair and go up a flight of stairs to get to tram and then once on top there are many more stairs to get to different levels. If he cannot walk, then I don't think there is any other way to do it. So sorry because the views are beautiful, good photo opts.

Some additional notes... if you got a taxi up to Paradise Point the parking area to the first level pretty sure is flat. First level is the resturant/bar/viewing area/a couple shops. Upstairs is more shops/bird show/more viewing area. Again you might send them an email or give them a call to double check.

You can get bushwackers at bars/restaurants around the island. ;)

If needed there is an accessiable island tour: http://www.accessvi.com/.

--Islander

Archived