Cave tubing - how many hours?

morgan1929

I want to go cave tubing, and everyone says that independent tours with Reggie or Xtreme are the best way to go. However, we are arriving on the Grand Princess at 1pm and departing at 7pm. This is less port time than most cruise ships. I have been to Belize before, and I like Belize, but not so much that I want to miss the ship when it departs.

Allowing time for getting off of the ship, and tendering each way, the bus rides and walking, not very much time is left over. So, as the title says, how long do the independent tours last? Thank you.

This might help...we were in Belize last Thursday and went on a private cave tubing tour with Nacho from NCQ Belize Adventure Tours. We first discovered this option on some other sites and contacted him directly. He customized the tour for us which allowed for a quick tour of Belize City, cave tubing of two cave systems, lunch at the Jaguar Paw Resort, and shopping. This probably took us six hours from the time we met him at the dock till he dropped us off. Since he'd likely tailor a tour for you, I'd imagine you could do it quicker if you didn't tour the city and/or shop.

To play it safe, you should plan on a minimum of 90 minutes from docking to the river, 45 minutes walking to/from the caves, 90 minutes floating in the caves, and 90 minutes back to the docks. Of course you'll have to factor in tendering time in addition to these estimates so you can see it would be pretty tight. As you know, there are other alternatives and Nacho could help you with your options. You can email at [email="leesac@yahoo.com"]leesac@yahoo.com[/email] if you'd like his contact info.

At another poster's suggestion I emailed Reggie, here is his reply:

Hello John,

it seems like there will not be sufficient time for tubing. If we do go we might have to be too hasty and time conscious to really enjoy ourselves. However can I suggest a country side, Zoo & Belize City tour for your friends or family. this takes us through the high , middle & low income areas of the city a scenic drive up the highway to mile thirty at the Belize wild life sanctuary, there you will see lots of large & small animals & birds native to Belize & Central America, time is about 3 & 1/2 hrs. in an air conditioned van. price $ 45.00 per person,6 years or under $15.00, soda/ water entrance fees & English speaking guide included.

So, if we go tubing, it will be a ship's tour.

Archived