Belize Cave tubing for kids?

crusinmama06

I didn't do that one (because we don't have kids), but I do have another option if you really want to tube safely...

We booked through shoretrips for our cave-tubing/ziplining in Belize (in 2006) which was actually "sponsored" by the Jaguar Paw resort. The tubing was just my husband and I with our own private guide. We watched the ship excusion folks struggle as our guide just pulled us through the rough spots and "steered" us in safe directions. (He also pointed out many animals and plants during the walk to the water and within the cave itself.) Overall, we had a fabulous time and wouldn't hesitate to do it again! (Our guide had actually taken Bill Gates and his family through the week before...)

You might want to just call Jaguar Paw to see about a private tour for your family. That would guarentee a "focused" guide. (Assuming they will work with the age of your youngest...) I think if we ever do go with children, I'd probably try these guys first.

Funny you mention them because my TA also handed me the Jaguar Paw info. :)

My oldest just vetoed the cave tubing. :rolleyes: She said she would zipline cause she has no fear of heights but she won't go anywhere with bats.

So I told her, so you don't mind plunging to your death from a zipline but the possibility of a bat flying over your head is too much. She said "Yep!"

My oldest just vetoed the cave tubing. :rolleyes: She said she would zipline cause she has no fear of heights but she won't go anywhere with bats.

So I told her, so you don't mind plunging to your death from a zipline but the possibility of a bat flying over your head is too much. She said "Yep!"

Lol!! Not only did your DD's response make me chuckle, but when my DD (9) asked what was funny and I explained, her response to cave tubing and the possibility of bats was "cool!" and then disappointment when I said there isn't any cave tubing where we're going, then I asked "you still want to go ziplining, though, right?" and she said "yeah!!" like I was nuts/stupid for even asking...!!! What can I say, she's all but fearless -- she also wants to swim with stingrays...

I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that bats have probably flown over your DD's head any number of times at home in the summer and at WDW... :p

I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that bats have probably flown over your DD's head any number of times at home in the summer and at WDW... :p

They stand out at the Cul de sac in the summer and watch the bats circling over their heads with the neighbor kids. But in a dark cave, I guess it's not cool anymore. ;)

My oldest is a chicken. My youngest is more brave, in a bad way...lol.

I just got vetoed on swimming with sea turtles too. :rolleyes: I am getting no where with this girl.

You still have a year...she's a young lady and that means a year is a lifetime for her! Perhaps she'll change, especially when all of her friends tell her how "cool" it would be for her to swim with turtles, tube in a cave with bats, and swing between the trees! (BTW Of all the zip lines my husband and I have done, we both agree that Belize was the safest and best-guided...they even use disposable boufante caps under the helmets to prevent "sharing" of critters, etc!)

We had cave tubing booked with Major Tom, as he is suppose to be great with kids, but my 5 yr old is afraid of tubing, so vetoed. :rolleyes:

We decided on having Belize be our "beach" day. Doing Bannister Island. It looks like they have a pretty nice kiddie area, and the water trampoline. Suppose you could check it out if the zoo and jungle boat get vetoed. ;)

Archived