New Years Eve dress

I am going on the Carnival Elation for new years. I know that this cruise will have the Captain's dinner, but I'm wondering if people will be dressing up on New Year's eve as well. I would like to dress up, but I dont want to be one of few who do.

Any thoughts? Has anyone ever cruised carnival during the holidays?

I would like to dress up, but I dont want to be one of few who do.

Any thoughts?

Here's my opinion....though bear in mind, I haven't been on Carnival.

It's New Year's Eve and you're going to be on a big glitzy cruise ship. If YOU want to dress to the nines, you should! If others don't feel that New Year's Eve is worthy of getting out of their usual duds, then I don't know what is!

Wear something fabulous, and if they don't have enough sense to do the same, it's their problem! :D

Have a fabulous cruise!

I've not been on New Years cruises, nor have cruised Carnival for a holiday before, but I have cruised during Christmas week a couple of times. I can tell you that people seemed to be dressed up a whole lot more than at other times of the year.

I took along dressy clothes for the whole weeks worth of evenings, I thought what the heck, I've got all these cocktail dresses/dressy tops! I was happy that many other women obviously felt the same way :) Personally, I think it would be great if we got rid of "formal" evenings and dressed semi-formal every single night, on every cruise. Maybe the first night can be casual ;)

I would definitely dress up for NYE.

We're going over my mom's birthday and wearing cocktail dresses the night of her birthday even though it's a casual night. Probably be some of the only ones but it's special to us and we enjoy it.

i have been on two new years eve cruises. one was carnival conquest and the other was Princess' golden princess. Both cruises people were definately dressed up. Maybe not quite like a formal night but there were some long dresses and alot of cocktail dresses.

We were on a New Year's cruise last year and almost everyone was dressed to the nines; about 70% of the men in tuxes; lots of sparkle and bling for the ladies. This year, we're spending New Year's with friends on Bald Head Island at the country club bash.

http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/340-David-Meister-Shirred-V-Neck-Jersey-Dress-2-Brown_W0QQitemZ150308712551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WC_Dresses.htm

Archived