Cancun

LSUtraveler

Cancun/Cozumel Water Taxi

Cost: $15

Time: 3 hours

Dock: Plaza del Tortugas, Blvd. Kukulcán, Km 6.5

The waters between Cozumel and the mainland has some of the strongest currents in the area and ferries will be cancelled if the winds are high and the weather bad.

I would not recommend doing this!!

Why do they want to go to Cancun?

Are they boys?

Is it to go to one of the topless beaches?

In my opinion, there is no real reason to to Cancun. There isn't anything there that you can't find in Cozumel, except for maybe a clothing optional beach.

Izzy Bee, not sure if yor information is really old or really new or just incorrect. Where did you find it? I don't know of any water taxi from Cancun.

I have to agree with bruce-r, there's nothing in Cancun that's worth the trip.

About half of this group is going to Cancun and the other half are going on the Sensation for various reasons. They thought it might be cool it the could go and visit their friends in Cancun while in Cozumel.

I am actually researching this for a friend that is chaperonning this senior class trip. But found the info I was looking for.

One day of the cruise is a stop in Playa del Carmen and there is a 30 minute bus ride to Cancun if they want to go. I'm like a few of you on board here, why would you want to go to Cancun when there's enough to do in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel but to each his own.

I think that my friend is getting registered on CC and will soon be able to ask more of her own questions. I started her off on the board last night and I think we have another member or two.

Archived