Tipping for Adventure Ocean

k2

The Adventure Ocean staff are paid a salary so they don't depend on tips the way the room stewards and waiters do. That being said, on our previous cruises if there was an AO staff member who really made the cruise special for my kids or that my kids especially liked I would give them $20 at the end of the cruise. Some of them are so great. In fact there are a couple of counsellors from our Carnival Victory cruise that my 11 year old daughter still emails on a regular basis along with some of the kids she met on that cruise.

I second what "goodml" said!!!! There were a few that my kids got really attached to who I thought deserved a little extra. I left something for them at the pursur's desk in an envelope so as not to single them out in AO in front of the other staff. It was a thank-you card, and note signed by the kids, with a $20.

Nancy

When we were on the Rhapsody a couple of years ago, we asked at the Purser's desk whether it was appropriate to tip the counselors in Adventure Ocean and the Purser said "you can tip anyone you like"! Obviously not a very helpful answer. Our kids became very attached to one counselor and I believe we did give him a tip.

BTW, he told us that the counselors actually make less money than the waiters because they are on salary, but he implied that the counselors don't have to work quite as hard. They still work incredibly long hours, though.

I say anyone who makes my life easier and my kids happy definetly deserves a tip!! We have always tipped the folks in Ocean Adventure Club. Hey, I could never spend thath much time with someone elses kids!!

Ria :p

Archived