Jeeps in Grand Cayman, anything like Aruba?

ohCanada

We rented jeeps in Aruba and it was a blast. We went to a variety of places. The funnest areas were the desert-like areas along the coast with no roads and steep hills. Are there areas like this or will we basically be driving on roads? Thanks

We rented jeeps in Aruba and it was a blast. We went to a variety of places. The funnest areas were the desert-like areas along the coast with no roads and steep hills. Are there areas like this or will we basically be driving on roads? Thanks

Roads only. There is some swamp, but I don't really think that's what you've got in mind. :D Grand Cayman is a fairly small, quite civilized island. Driving along the coastal road with the top down is fun, though, and there is lots of great scenery and other stuff to look at along the way.

We did the jeep tour about 2 years ago and enjoyed ourselves. Its true you do mostly drive on the main roads, there was a part where you drove on dirt roads with water on both sides of you. Now my friend John was driving and he decided to have a little fun and fly around corners and speed and then stop so we would skid all over the place. We almost went in the water a few times. So you can make it fun! Our tour guide Mason was great. It may not be the same as Aruba, but I'd rather drive myself anyday than board a crowded bus and see the same things.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/siestakim/m_9b18b41eff0b5d0ce8295f43cc8e5113.jpg

I'm not really sure to be honest. I know friends of ours rented mopeds on GC on their own and rode around. I guess you could try googling a rental car company such as hertz and see what they say. But if you rented a jeep on your own, would you know where you're going?

Archived