Freedom of the Seas 4/4/2010

Hi everyone...hope all is well!!

My DW and I have been longing for another cruise since we got off the NOS in April of 2006. We (I) just booked us on the Freedom for April 2010. I know it's FAR away, but I'm the type of person that wants to get all my eggs in the same basket well before I need to.

With that being said...As a rule I usually travel at least 1-2 days before the ship leaves. In the past we've left out of Miami and stayed locally. What I'm looking for is the recommendation of a hotel in the Port Canaveral area.

My travel agent made the recommendation of renting a car at the airport (Orlando) and driving to the pier/hotel, and dropping off at the pier. That way we'll have a car to drive around the couple of days we're going to be in the area before the cruise. Which rental companies can that be done with?

Thanks for all the help I anticipate on getting. You have helped me in the past with answers to alot of questions!! ;)

Most people stay at the Radisson or Country Inn and Suites. I stayed at the Radisson and we loved the old Florida feel with ceiling fan and sleep number beds. The Country Inn and suites is the closest to the port, but still very close to the Radisson, not much closer and its newer. Depends on if you like antiques or newish style better.

There are a few hotels that have some ocean front, but Best Western only one building is ocean front and reviews are not that great. If you want to go a little ways from the port and dont care about parking your car during the cruise, there are some other hotels. Ron Jovan?? Not quite the name, the surfing name of the shop, their hotel is very nice, one of the nicer ones.

There is a thread I work in Port Canaveral down in the East Coast threads, and then go to Florida subgroup you will find all the hotels listed. The Radison will have a free shuttle to the port you can sign up for as soon as you book your room, the earliest shuttle fills up so book ahead of time. The pool at the Radisson is a lot of fun and it has tennis courts etc if you like a swim up pool bar.

Archived