Halloween out at Sea

mllyle

We too will be sailing next Halloween and are looking forward to everyones input on this thread, as it will be our first "holiday" cruise. Also right now the price is pretty good for this sailing if anyone is interested... We would love to have you join us... The roll call is listed in our signature.

Just off Navigator...they had a parade and activities for the kids with enough candy to last the week. For the adults, there was a parade and party with a costume contest. They had pumpkin displays on the promenade and at the Windjammer. Halloween fell on the first formal night and the dress code was formal or costume which made for some interesting sights. Lots of fun.

Just took the Monarch weekend Halloween cruise. WE LOVED IT!! I am a big fan of Halloween, but don't like the hassle of going out to crowded venues. The ship was great. They set up a spooky graveyard scene in the Centrum to take pictures. All of the crew members dressed up. There were scores of people in costume. I was surprised how many did it.

They did have a party and parade, but by the time we were done with the Murder Mystery party and dinner we just went gambling. When I say all of the staff dressed up(except dining room staff), I mean it, the dealers were great. I heard it was extremely crowded in the Circuit Lounge, which is where the "parade" and party were . People watching was first rate that night, no matter where you sat. During dinner, when the waiters dance around and try to get passengers to do it, EVERYONE was out of their seats dancing in costume. HILARIOUS!! I would love to plan another one.

It was interesting that they didn't really break out most of the Halloween decorations until the day of Halloween, but I appreciate all of the hard work that the crew did to decorate and then clean up. There was such a party atmosphere that there were a lot of boa feathers and empty glasses strewn around. They were all gone by morning.

Just to give you an idea of the costumes worn in our group - Queen, Knight, Sherrif, Toddler, Cat girl (she was only 2 so you can't call her catwoman), 80's pop star, Bumble Bee, Blue's brothers, Lucy, Devil and Angel girls (ok they were in their 20's but devil and angel women doesn't sound right), Big butt biker chick, and whoopee cushion. We also saw men in various forms of drag (apparently there was a large gay contingent on board) dancing around, ghosts, pirates, wenches etc...

Definitely the best Halloween I've had in a long time. You will have a great time!

Have fun,

DJ

Archived