Photo album of Spain/Portugal on Wind Spirit

Xoe

I've just finished my photo album, done with titles and descriptions in a story/travelogue format, so if you'd like to take this wonderful trip as an "armchair traveler", go to

http://fredasphotos1.shutterfly.com

and click on "Spain/Portugal Wind Spirit" (at the top since it's the most recent). Best to click on "Slideshow", to the upper right on the album screen. If you want faster or slower slideshow speed, mouse around the upper right-hand corner and click on "options", then move the marker on the speed slidebar for faster or slower. There's also an option for viewing the photos "full screen" on upper right-hand part of the slideshow screen. Full screen photos are great, but the text sometimes becomes harder to read.

I hope you'll enjoy this Windstar voyage vicariously! It was a GREAT trip. I'll soon be doing a cruise review to praise Windstar, Wind Spirit, and specifically this Barcelona-Lisbon cruise experience. The food was the best ever on any of my 16 cruises, also over-the-top marks for crew, itinerary, and ports. Also WEATHER -- we were so lucky on that score. A GREAT trip!

It's a great itinerary for many reasons. A huge plus by my standards was that all of our ports were GREAT places for walking exploration on our own; also the ship was docked (no tendering) at each of these ports which made it so easy to pop off and on the ship between walkabouts. In some wonderful port cities in Europe, the ship's dock is so far from where you want to walk that you need to use taxis, or else take an excursion. Being able to explore by independent walking was terrific.

Lisbon would have been the exception, if we had had only a port day there; walking on our own from the dock would not have gotten us to what we most wanted to see. But since the cruise ended there, staying two extra days at a well-located hotel put everything within easy walking distance.

I hadn't anticipated beforehand how wonderful the castles would be. I have a new addiction: I am now a "Castle-holic"!

Archived