Sovereign Class Jr. Suite compared to Freedom D/E

Gaijin_Mom

I've only been lucky enough to have been on one cruise, which was on Sovereign this past August. We really wanted a balcony, so of course had to get the jr. suite. I know that those cabins are listed as 173 sq feet. We're hoping to cruise on Freedom in the summer of '10. I'm guessing we won't be able to afford the jr.suite in the summer months :(, so am trying to get an idea of how the balcony rooms compare to the JS on SOS. I know they're listed as 214 sq feet, which is obviously bigger, but in all the pictures I see, they look sooo much narrower than the JS we were in. In the JS the vanity was at the end of the bed, still with plenty of room to walk through. The Freedom rooms look so much narrower, with then end of the bed very close to the wall. Is the extra space all in the length of the room? The pictures just look like the rooms are smaller than SOS JS, not bigger! :confused: Those of you who have stayed in both types of rooms, can you tell me how they compare? Thanks so much for the help!

Lynnette

Haven't been on freedom yet, but from the pictures, see below. The Freedom Balcony cabin looks bigger to me than the Sovereign Junior suites.

Freedom Balcony

2841131920048908256S500x500Q85.jpg

Monarch Junior Suite

2403615820101628544S500x500Q85.jpg

Freedom is narrower and longer, but still room to walk passed the bed. The Sovereign JS's are more square.

Archived