'Complimentary' Breakfast?

Wilkono

More questions about food :)

P&O sporadically mentions on their website that complimentary breakfast in your stateroom is available, with 'nominal charge' in small print at the bottom.

Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? How much is this nominal fee? As said in the other room service thread, I'm booking a balcony stateroom, and would love to get breakfast out there at least five mornings out of ten.

Maybe you would like to pay my tips for me then?

Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to come across that kind of cash (yet). On my current budget, I would probably spend $154.00 every two weeks just trying to feed myself, let alone going around tipping people. I'm scraping together every last cent for the chance to go on a nice holiday after three flat-out years at university, and I'll feel just fine spending $4.00 a night on tips.

Wow, heated topic indeed. Thanks everyone for the advice though

Sorry, can't comment on this one, not after you left the above comment on a previous thread of yours about tipping and then I read here that you are booking a BALCONY. Oh to be a student!!! :mad:

Can't imagine what you will book when you are out there working with your degree - btw what is it you are studying??

Always helps to get a good deal ;) we mere students are great at sniffing out the discounts! The balcony rooms on my cruise are almost inexplicably cheap, only $300 more than the indoor rooms, so it's not a giant leap. I'll be living it rough for a few months while I save up some moolah though.

I'm halfway through (or 3/4 through, depending how you look at it) a Media/Multimedia production degree. Hopefully I'll be able to afford luxury suites every few months once I'm in the film industry. But somehow I doubt it.

P&O sporadically mentions on their website that complimentary breakfast in your stateroom is available, with 'nominal charge' in small print at the bottom.

Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? How much is this nominal fee? As said in the other room service thread, I'm booking a balcony stateroom, and would love to get breakfast out there at least five mornings out of ten.

the room service cost is $3.00 for breakfast you get tea/cofee hot choc,toast ,bakery they didnt do hot food so good for a starter this is for the sun dont know about the others:)

It's a continental breakfast only - and there's a delivery charge to bring it to your cabin.

Alternatively you could go up to Cafre Del Sol, get whatever food you wanted and take it back down to your cabin. Since you're in a balcony cabin you'll be on Deck 10 or 11 and so it's only one or decks up to Deck 12 to Cafe Del Sol - not far to bring your food back!

Maybe you would like to pay my tips for me then?

Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to come across that kind of cash (yet). On my current budget, I would probably spend $154.00 every two weeks just trying to feed myself, let alone going around tipping people. I'm scraping together every last cent for the chance to go on a nice holiday after three flat-out years at university, and I'll feel just fine spending $4.00 a night on tips.

Wow, heated topic indeed. Thanks everyone for the advice though

Sorry, can't comment on this one, not after you left the above comment on a previous thread of yours about tipping and then I read here that you are booking a BALCONY. Oh to be a student!!! :mad:

Can't imagine what you will book when you are out there working with your degree - btw what is it you are studying??

Wow.. someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.....:eek:

hi Wilkono

I like to order brekky on port days so I know I will be up early enough not to miss anything. On Sea days it might be a bit breezy out on you balcony just hang onto ur toast It should be lovely

Icy

Wow.. someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.....:eek:

I think you've misread the post. :eek:

Each to their own but I thought it a bit rude/cheeky to talk about being a poor student and not wanting to pay the full tip in one thread and then in another talk about brekky on the balcony. Like someone else said in the other thread, maybe book a different category and pay the tips.:rolleyes:

Anyway you know us public servants we always get out of bed on the wrong side. :p

Padron me for disrupting the status quo of this forum - I'll refrain from getting excited over my cruise from now on in case I talk out of turn :) I just figured that after two (soon to be three) years of almost starving myself to make ends meet, it would be okay to have a comfortable and inexpensive holiday.

Sorry for being such a nuisance.

Hey don't listen to them. You sound like you deserve a great holiday and don't you feel guilty about the tipping. We left the autos on and pitched in and gave a little extra but no one tips me at work so it was a little begrudging for me - hehe :o

I wouldnt mind getting the breakfast bought to me one morning as well - you know what? we have all worked and saved hard and deserve a little luxary that's what a holiday is all about. :D

Liz

Padron me for disrupting the status quo of this forum - I'll refrain from getting excited over my cruise from now on in case I talk out of turn :) I just figured that after two (soon to be three) years of almost starving myself to make ends meet, it would be okay to have a comfortable and inexpensive holiday.

Sorry for being such a nuisance.

You aren't a nuisance, and don't worry about asking anything. Not everyone goes back through other peoples posts to keep a tally on what they say. We all get excited about our cruise no matter how far away it is, that is some of the best times, looking forward to it. We booked one of ours 502 or so days early.:eek: Seemed to take forever but its a lot of fun watching that countdown. I know how hard it is to struggle through uni and you certainly won't be starving on the ship. Be prepared, there seems to be food everywhere on the ship. You are going to have such fun.:D:D

It's a continental breakfast only - and there's a delivery charge to bring it to your cabin.

Alternatively you could go up to Cafre Del Sol, get whatever food you wanted and take it back down to your cabin. Since you're in a balcony cabin you'll be on Deck 10 or 11 and so it's only one or decks up to Deck 12 to Cafe Del Sol - not far to bring your food back!

I did this last cruise I was on. The buffet was always packed and I had to try and find tables for 4 adults & a 18mnth old. It was simpler sometimes just to go up grab a plate and eat in peace in our room, no one questioned us about where we were going with the food. the dining room waiters would even make a meal from the sit down menu and let us take it if we were too tired to make it to dinner.

Archived