Cozumel- Isla Pasion by Twister

bernieb86

Hello. I have posted several replies on Passion Island. I loved the twister boat ride. The guys driving it really make it fun. (Ricky Martin and Peppy are their names). Basically you go on a 30 minute NICE boat ride to the island. Right before you get to the island the drivers do about 6 turns (360's) and you get soaking wet. It's fun. The island is private and beautiful. Nice for swimming, sunning or hanging out in hammock. They do offer free food and drinks. Food was not that good to me. However, the whole excursion was the highlight of our cruise. The boat ride is the same thing on the way back. If you clap and cheer they might do a few more turns. Hope this helps. Any more questions holler at me.

If you've ever seen a Corona Beer Commercial - then you've seen the beach. It's apparently where they shoot the commercials. White sand, blue ocean. Nice. My price included food (chicken, mahi mahi, chips, guacamole, pico, fruit, rice), open bar (not terribly strong drinks but tasty), kayak, paddle boat, a little ATV, beach chairs, restrooms (clean).

We just returned from Passion Island a couple of days ago. I've posted pictures here before, but I'll have to go and refresh my memory.

The only disappointment was with this island is that there were a lot of things floating in the ocean, you had to walk about 10 feet into the ocean to stand on sand on the ocean floor and the water was very murky so we couldn't snorkel, even though the water was a gorgeous blue color. By the way, my kids called the things floating "hairys" :eek:.

Any other questions, I'll try to help. We weren't impressed with the food either. It was included in our excursion price through RCCL.

I'll try to post the pictures sometime later today.

Chris

Yes we booked through the ship. We didn't have any floaty things in the water. We were there on Saturday. I think I heard that a storm came through at some point, but we missed it. Maybe that contributed to the water being murky. We didn't plan on doing any snorkeling there because it's a sandy beach and snorkeling tends to be only good if there is coral and places for fish to hide. When we go to beaches, we tend to decide if we want to snorkel or swim/play in the water. They tend to not happen on the same beach, if you know what I mean. I, myself, have decided to give into my phobia of fish and weird water animals, so I prefer the sandy bottom, clear water, no coral beaches.

Our ship got in late - 1pm, and it gets dark pretty early, so we were there as long as we could have been. We probably got there about 2:30. (Tour met at 1:30, 45 min-ish boat ride). We were there for 3 hours. The sun was setting on the boat ride back.

Archived