Royal Carib adding a Family Zone Lounge on Debarkation Day

crusinmama06

I am bringing this over from the RCCL boards....

RCI implements departure improvements

21/11/2008

Royal Caribbean International implemented new procedures aimed at improving disembarkation and providing an easier transition for passengers on consecutive cruises.

On departure day, passengers will have extended access to their staterooms, as well as continued in-room TV entertainment. They also will receive an ‘As You Depart’ notice that communicates the location of departure lounges offering refreshments and light entertainment.

Among the lounges will be a dedicated Family Zone, which will include refreshments, toys and games for younger cruisers.

Suite passengers, meanwhile, will get an exclusive continental breakfast.

Additionally, shipwide public announcements will be minimized to make a more relaxing atmosphere, with nearly all departure updates limited to the departure lounges and via in-room TV programming.

Passengers may also choose express departure, a window of time as soon as the ship is cleared when they can hand carry their own luggage. Those sailing on consecutive cruises will receive a ‘sneak peek’ Compass (daily program) with an overview of the following sailing. Additional personalized services and attention will be provided.

I am bringing this over from the RCCL boards....

RCI implements departure improvements

21/11/2008

Royal Caribbean International implemented new procedures aimed at improving disembarkation and providing an easier transition for passengers on consecutive cruises.

On departure day, passengers will have extended access to their staterooms, as well as continued in-room TV entertainment. They also will receive an ‘As You Depart’ notice that communicates the location of departure lounges offering refreshments and light entertainment.

Among the lounges will be a dedicated Family Zone, which will include refreshments, toys and games for younger cruisers.

Suite passengers, meanwhile, will get an exclusive continental breakfast.

Additionally, shipwide public announcements will be minimized to make a more relaxing atmosphere, with nearly all departure updates limited to the departure lounges and via in-room TV programming.

Passengers may also choose express departure, a window of time as soon as the ship is cleared when they can hand carry their own luggage. Those sailing on consecutive cruises will receive a ‘sneak peek’ Compass (daily program) with an overview of the following sailing. Additional personalized services and attention will be provided.

I think this is great! Rather than cramming everybody into the theatre to watch CNN on the screens, probably to prepare you of what's going on in "real life" rather than "ship life". That was always the worst. The family zone is sure to be more accomodating than that. Good Job RCI.

One question though, it says that suite passengers will get a breakfast. Do you think this means that the Windjammer and such will be closed for evveryone else and they won't get breakfast? Hmm

Thank you for sharing this, cruisinmama!

One question though, it says that suite passengers will get a breakfast. Do you think this means that the Windjammer and such will be closed for evveryone else and they won't get breakfast? Hmm

Nope, it's breakfast in the suite. :D Some CCers recently came back from sailing in a suite and said that they had the option to get a nice breakfast in their suite before leaving.

So Families can go to breakfast and then to the Family Zone and suite guests can have breakfast in their cabin.

I just got back from the Independence and they had the family zone to wait where they were showing cartoons. I did the self debarkation, so I did not check it out. They did say you had to be out of the rooms at 8 AM but there was breakfast in the DR until 9 AM.

I just got back from the Independence and they had the family zone to wait where they were showing cartoons. I did the self debarkation, so I did not check it out. They did say you had to be out of the rooms at 8 AM but there was breakfast in the DR until 9 AM.

I was hoping they would have it on Indy. So how was your cruise? Did you write a review yet?

I was hoping they would have it on Indy. So how was your cruise? Did you write a review yet?

My cruise was just ok unfortunately...The ship itself was wonderful and perfect for families with kids of all ages. My girls would have had so much fun. The kids program appeared well staffed-all college grads, most with elementary education degrees. And the facilities were excellent. There were many aqua tots activities during the day too-even storytime at night. I probably will not do a review because I was less than thrilled and don't want to sour everyone on this nice ship. We had a less than fair room steward, the food was not very good, and we did not get to try a lot of the activities because we were on for a conference. I think cruising can be hit or miss for people even on the same ship and I think my issues were just growing pains with a new ship. Most of the folks on my roll time had a good cruise. It would be hard to take my kids on HAL knowing they could experience all of that on RCCL. Of course they would never know the difference. I guess I will just have to add a cruise for them and a cruise for the adults to our schedule next year:p

Wow, travalerie, we were on the Indy as well and we had two completely different experiences! Either that or I have really terrible taste! I hope that you and your family try a longer cruise and will have a better experience. I know our first two cruises were on RCCL and we switched to Princess. As with any cruise line, they changed, so we went back to RCCL, including Indy!

I posted a review on the main boards. I'm in the process of dowloading photos, if anyone is interested!

Yes, they had the family disembarkation and though we were only in there for 5 minutes, it was a great perk!!!!!!!!

Wow, travalerie, we were on the Indy as well and we had two completely different experiences! Either that or I have really terrible taste! I hope that you and your family try a longer cruise and will have a better experience. I know our first two cruises were on RCCL and we switched to Princess. As with any cruise line, they changed, so we went back to RCCL, including Indy!

I posted a review on the main boards. I'm in the process of dowloading photos, if anyone is interested!

Yes, they had the family disembarkation and though we were only in there for 5 minutes, it was a great perk!!!!!!!!

I am not surprised and that is why I really did want to do a review. Things are so variable on a cruise! And so many things can factor into a single outcome. I am far from finished cruising and will try RCCL again for sure. You can not beat the activities and action onboard. I am glad you had a nice cruise!

I completely agree! Someone posted a review on the main board that had a different experience with the diamond club lounge and a similar experience with the food! I think people would be interested in your seminar facilities and how RCCL handled your conference:)

I know it's tough to pick who your neighbors are going to be and how some passengers behave, however, I think it would give people a chance to plan those encounters!

For us, we really tried to center our activities around our DD, but we were travelling with another couple that were food/wine people;)

The one thing I was grateful for was the disembarkation lounge because carrying off our luggage on Majesty and Enchantment was a nightmare. I learned that some passengers will carry off ther entire belongings and knock you over or trip your kids to get off the ship. When we were checking in we saw people carrying on large boxes of fans. One family had a gigantic double wide stroller and two box fans:confused::confused:

Because of the disembarkation on Indy, we were able to stay in our room later, have a light breakfast and be on our way and off in 5 minutes.

Archived