First timer questions part one

maloy

Hi all, I've been on these boards for a little while now and have learned so very much, thank you all. I do have some concerns about my upcoming cruise that i havent found answers for yet, so this will be a 2 part post. My cruise was switched from the Pride to the Liberty. So far I am very happy with what I have researched about the liberty, but I cant seem to find any info concerning my room. We are booked in room 6458 on the upper deck. This is an extended balcony room aft. It looks to be dead center. Is this a good location? anyone have any pics? how much bonine and ginger will be needed? Any info about this location and room would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Welcome to Cruisecritic. I'm sure you will enjoy Carnival Liberty and have a great vacation. :)

To your specific cabin; the center two cabins on the three aft decks are about a foot narrower than other balcony cabins. When you enter your cabin you will notice the entry hall is very narrow. The cabin has a slightly different arrangement. The vanity and TV will be at a 90 degree angle from the bed which can be awkward for viewing.

Ok, that's the downside. We love aft cabins and hope you will also. The balcony is long enough for two to sit on lounge chairs facing the water. You balcony should have one lounge chair, one regular chair, one foot stool and a small table. Unfortunately the chairs seem to move around sometimes so if you do not have the above, ask your room steward to remedy things. Sometimes groups will have adjacent cabins and open the partitions with chairs and such being moved around.

As far as motion goes, if you are subject to motion sickness you should take proper action. Having an aft cabin won't make any significant difference. Yes...you have probably read that a low center cabin has the least motion and this is true. But most motion has to do with sea conditions. If you are prone to motion sickness you will suffer on Riviera deck mid-ship. Take bonine or ginger or whatever works for you and relax. :)

Here are some pictures of 7453 on Conquest. Your cabin will be identical except that it reversed, bed on opposite side etc.

2058254060080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

2230429680080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived