Been to Tortola more than once, w/diff. tours?

flashdog_1

I've been to the Baths, Norman Island, Jost Van Dyke etc. off the island. And we are not beach people.

This time I want to see the vista of the other islands from land (my husband's never been there). There are two quite similar 3 hr tours I need to chose from.

Secrets of Tortola has been recommended on the Tortola board. It takes you on the coastal road to the east, up Ridge Road to Mountain View on Sage Mountain, Northshore to Bombas Shack then to Pussers Landing in West End. $45. Activity level 2

North Shore & Pussers Landing. Go to Sky World (picture opportunity to see all the surrounding islands, I guess), Windy Hill which overlooks Cane Garden bay, Bomba Shack & Pussers Landing in West End. $35 activity level 1

Can anyone compare the two tours for me? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We have taken a van tour of Tortola. It was an independent guide that we found at the pier. Really enjoyed the tour, sort of hilights of the island. Many photo ops., stopped at a spice store, made a pit stop, went to top of mountain and had the local drink , bananna something. It was not a van but a truck with padded seats in the back. Paid $25 about two years ago. He sort of let the passengers pick out where to go, then tried to please as many as he could. Great overview of island and well worth the money, took about 4 Hours. Bill

My post has had 111 views, but not answers. Can anyone tell me what he/she enjoyed in Tortola other than the places I've already been (Virgin Gorda, Norman Island, Jost Van Dyke)? Thanks

I can't offer any further suggestion because I've done the same stuff you have...Virgin Gorda/Baths, Jost Van Dyke, Lambert Bay Beach, etc. You might want to post this question on the Tortola board : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Archived