Jacksonville/Bermuda 7-Day?

copvet

How successful do you think a weekly seven day cruise to Bermuda from Jacksonville would be? We have heard through the business grapevine that it is being considered once the cruise terminal in Jacksonville is relocated out to Mayport (less then 1-mile to ocean). What are your thoughts?

Wayne & Debbie

How successful do you think a weekly seven day cruise to Bermuda from Jacksonville would be? We have heard through the business grapevine that it is being considered once the cruise terminal in Jacksonville is relocated out to Mayport (less then 1-mile to ocean). What are your thoughts?

Wayne & Debbie

First thing is to get that new terminal built ! It has been being fought for a while now and is not in the best area regarding tourism at all.

We would all agree with your statement "Travel". The reason we opened this thread is to get feedback from cc members that we can pass on to our friend (executive with Jax Port Authority) who is currently in negotiation's with various cruise lines to commit ship's to a proposed new cruise terminal in Mayport. Constuction cannot begin until this is accomplished along with various political approval. Every bit of feedback would be helpful, especially potential cruise passengers from out of town.

I would love to sail out of Jacksonville as it's an easy drive from Atlanta and we're not really interested in the older ships/short cruises. From what I understand if they build a new terminal they can bring in the bigger, newer ships.

I would do it. Since my parents live in Jax it is very convenient for us to go out of there, but since the itineraries are limited I would love to see something different.

Also let me know if there is going to be another meeting about the terminal, I am sure my parents would attend.

Thanks for your comments so far. Please keep them coming.

Hockey: We can hardly wait for our next cruise aboard the Liberty January 10th. Have you decided when your next cruise will be? We really enjoyed your review and pictures of our November 1st cruise aboard the Fascination. Great job!:)

Thanks for your comments so far. Please keep them coming.

Hockey: We can hardly wait for our next cruise aboard the Liberty January 10th. Have you decided when your next cruise will be? We really enjoyed your review and pictures of our November 1st cruise aboard the Fascination. Great job!:)

I'm so jealous you get to go again so soon! We're doing Inspiration 10-10-09. I'm still trying to get DH to do one before then though. I tried to get him to agree to another one on the Fascination but he said he wants to do another itinerary for our next one and he doesn't want to do the Keys when we are so close we could drive down there... me... I wouldn't care if we were at sea every day!! I'm not giving up yet!

Thanks for the kind words about the review.. it was fun to type it up!

Make sure you let me know, we'll be there for a town meeting!

We would SO love a Bermuda cruise sailing from Jax. Other than once a year from Charleston and a couple from Va. Beach, there doesn't seem to be any way to get there. A new, tourist friendly, cruise ship port would be a good thing for the Jax economy.

I have sailed out of JAX on 3 occassions...and soon to be the 4th time.... JAX is a wonderful port, despite it's limited itineraries it offers and I would welcome ANY itinerary (to include not only Bermuda) from a JAX port. Had I known your initial post was to gather info to share with the port authorities, I would have answered differently. Now that you have stated the real reason behind the thread... there ya go ! Good luck in your mission.

Any 7 day out of Jax would make me happy!! Including Bermuda. :D I will also go to a meeting if needed. We need to build Mayport into a great place for tourists. It is a quaint little place and would be very attractive. I am all for a new cruise terminal and MORE ships with balconies!! :p

Wayne & Debbie

I think I would like it from Baltimore better.

another Jax Beach resident that would love to have a 7 day cruise out of Jax. we would support any 7 day cruise out of jax that went to somewhere else besides the Bahamas. I would even take the Bahamas and somewhere else added on. We have drove to Miami for our last 3 cruises just to have a 7 day cruise.

We live just outside Atlanta and DS goes to GA Southern Univ. We would love more choices out of Jax. Have done the Celebration and upcoming Fascination.

Since I am geographically challenged...what other ports could you include with Bermuda? I am guessing Charleston?

Archived