Jacksonville/Bermuda 7-Day?

copvet

THE City Council Meeting is tonight! We are hoping for some good news but prepared for some not so good news also. For those that receive Jacksonville TV stations, the late evening news should have something at the 10PM or 11PM broadcasts. Keep your fingers crossed.

I agree with some of the other posters that I would love to see any 7-day itinerary out of Jacksonville, including Bermuda. Right now I understand they only have the shorter cruises leaving from there, and I'm just not interested in those.

I agree with some of the other posters that I would love to see any 7-day itinerary out of Jacksonville, including Bermuda. Right now I understand they only have the shorter cruises leaving from there, and I'm just not interested in those.

Yes, any 7-day would be good.

A brief update on tonights Council Meeting. Voting on the three bills have been postponed until the next meeting Tuesday, January 6th. This action was requested by the JPA because they are close to an agreement with the citizen's of the Mayport Village.

All of the city council members received copies of this CC Thread according to the JPA.

Thank you all for your help. Things are looking up...:)

Copvet,

We just recently returned from a cruise on Fascination out of Jax.:)

On the way to JAXPORT, the shuttle driver talked about this new terminal in Mayport like it is already a "done deal." Royal Caribbean and Norwegian were the cruiselines mentioned that would be coming to the new Mayport facility. I noticed you posted this just on the Carnival board - perhaps because Carnival is the line currently sailing from Jax - but "loyal" Royal and NCL cruisers might be interested in this news too and might give you more of the feedback JPA is hoping for.

Wish I would have found this thread earlier. I think the Bermuda 7-day cruise out of Jacksonville would be a great idea.

Personally, I would like to see Carnival do a partial transit of the Panama Canal. say 10 days, and Jacksonville would be a perfect location for embarkation for that.

Good point "KroozFoolz". Thanks for the feedback. We also thank "Nancy" for her feedback (and it is never too late). I also need to correct my posting from last night. The Council Meeting for the vote on the bill is Tuesday, January 13th (not the 6th). We will be leaving on a 7-day cruise (on the Liberty) on the 10th so will not be able to attend that meeting. We are hoping someone from this thread will be able to attend to keep everyone posted. Any volunteer's? If not, maybe you can just check the next day news and post it on this thread.

Our first posting to this thread was initially requested by my friend in JPA who is involved with potential Cruise Line contracts. He only wanted feedback at that time regarding a Carnival Jax/Bermuda cruise. As you can see, however, it has evolved into something much better and informative. Thank you all so much for your interest and support.

We realize that this thread will be pushed into the later pages of this board so if you all can help keep this going once in a while so that it doesn't get eliminated all together we would appreciate it.

Bon Voyage & God Bless you all during this Christmas season.:)

Wayne & Debbie

• 1 month later...
Good point "KroozFoolz". Thanks for the feedback. We also thank "Nancy" for her feedback (and it is never too late). I also need to correct my posting from last night. The Council Meeting for the vote on the bill is Tuesday, January 13th (not the 6th). We will be leaving on a 7-day cruise (on the Liberty) on the 10th so will not be able to attend that meeting. We are hoping someone from this thread will be able to attend to keep everyone posted. Any volunteer's? If not, maybe you can just check the next day news and post it on this thread.

Our first posting to this thread was initially requested by my friend in JPA who is involved with potential Cruise Line contracts. He only wanted feedback at that time regarding a Carnival Jax/Bermuda cruise. As you can see, however, it has evolved into something much better and informative. Thank you all so much for your interest and support.

We realize that this thread will be pushed into the later pages of this board so if you all can help keep this going once in a while so that it doesn't get eliminated all together we would appreciate it.

Bon Voyage & God Bless you all during this Christmas season.:)

Wayne & Debbie

There was a thread yesterday (it got locked) with information that I feel relates to the topic/interest of this thread. The locked thread was a discussion (with some hijacking along the way) of this recent article concerning the proposed Mayport cruise terminal and what cruise lines/ships would be coming to Jax.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2009/01/26/daily9.html

(I don't know if this Dr. Andrew Moody of Business Research & Economic Advisors (http://www.breanet.com/pages/6/index.htm) was quoted accurately in the article, but if he was, I am not impressed with his knowledge of Carnival or cruising. :rolleyes: Maybe he was just saying what he was hired to say to help to get the new terminal approved. Then again, maybe he knows more than we do and Triumph and Conquest are on their way to Jacksonville.;))

(Here is the link to the thread that was locked -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=918534&highlight=mayport)

Jacksonville City Council delayed a vote on the issue until Feb. 10

What happened to the other thread? It is closed. Anyway, living so close to Jax, we hope they do have 7 day cruises out of there. We probably cross paths again.:)

We would love a 7-day trip to Bermuda from Jacksonville. We tried the 5-day trip from Charleston to the Bahamas this fall, and we don't plan to do that one again. The trip was too short, we were not impressed with Freeport or Nassau, and the atmosphere on the ship was very "local" since Carnival does only 2 sailings a year from Charleston, both to the Bahamas. Bermuda would be great, and I think many people from NC and SC would be happy to drive to Jacksonville. We don't plan to take any more cruises for less than 7 days, and we would be ready to reserve a cabin immediately if this cruise is offered.

Archived