Lunch Ideas Noumea ?

frince

Hi everyone :)

We shall be in Noumea for the day on 16th December visiting on Rhapsody of the seas and I would really like to take DW to a nice lunch but have heard of people turned away without reservations. :o

I have my eye on the 3 Brewers ( for obvious side benefits) but wouldn't it,and anywhere else half decent, be empty on a Tuesday lunchtime. :rolleyes:

Any advice greatly appreciated :cool:

You will probably find you won't need lunch there. We never have (just a cold beer!!) After having a big breakfast you probably will not want much unless you have a big day there.

You can always go back to the ship. Prices are quite expensive in Noumea.

If you really want a nice place try Lemon bay. We only had an ice cream but there were quite a few nice looking restaurants around, some where you could sit outside.

It is not too far either

You will probably find you won't need lunch there. We never have (just a cold beer!!) After having a big breakfast you probably will not want much unless you have a big day there.

You can always go back to the ship. Prices are quite expensive in Noumea.

If you really want a nice place try Lemon bay. We only had an ice cream but there were quite a few nice looking restaurants around, some where you could sit outside.

It is not too far either

I'll definitely have to get something as diabetes is involved and i don't want her blood sugar levels going dually tap on us.

Mobility is an issue so I'm also viewing it as an opportunity for her to rest and I will no doubt have a cold beer (I'll tell her it's your suggestion but she won't believe me) :D

Where would I catch le petit train from / to ?

I have a copy of the timetable and realise a ticket lasts for the day

need to keep walking down to a minimum so it gets a little more complicated.

( say 30 to 45 minutes max for the day )

Also it just seems silly to go all that way and not have a french meal ;)

although I don't in all honesty need it and almost certainly can't afford it :p

and will make do with a baguette and cheese if I have to :cool:

thanks again

hi Frince,

La Petite train runs a sight-seeing trip for 45 minutes for A$20. The ticket doesn't last all day. Buy tickets in the cruise terminal on the wharf and the train departs from there. You can do the same trip in an air-con bus for A$15. With the 'train' you sit in an open trailer towed by a small truck and there are diesel fumes to content with and the possibility of motion sickness from the swaying of the trailer if you sit near the back.

The all-day sightseeing ticket is on the Noumea Explorer. Pick this up outside the museum fronting Coconut Square (on the left-hand side of the square past the information centre).

Evon.

hi Frince,

La Petite train runs a sight-seeing trip for 45 minutes for A$20. The ticket doesn't last all day. Buy tickets in the cruise terminal on the wharf and the train departs from there. You can do the same trip in an air-con bus for A$15. With the 'train' you sit in an open trailer towed by a small truck and there are diesel fumes to content with and the possibility of motion sickness from the swaying of the trailer if you sit near the back.

The all-day sightseeing ticket is on the Noumea Explorer. Pick this up outside the museum fronting Coconut Square (on the left-hand side of the square past the information centre).

Evon.

Wow did I almost shoot meself in the foot :o

so :-Noumea Explorer to Lemon Bay it sounds like ;)

Thanks Evon

Steve

Archived