same old questions -

carol allen

sorry

someone suggested starting a new threat

we also are new to Holland America and wonder what it really will be like.

We have been on RC and Princess -

we definitely like night life and good food.

we are in our late 50's - is this cruise line "not for us" - no offense to anyone - we just want to have a good time and try something new

We don't want to be disappointed

we are also looking for good food -

( I know we are probably asking too much - but any help and or honest opinions will be appreciated.

thanks Carol

we definitely like night life and good food.

we are in our late 50's - is this cruise line "not for us" - no offense to anyone - we just want to have a good time and try something new

Good food you'll get. But you can get that on other cruise lines too.

Night life? I don't know what you mean by this. If you're talking about a nice lounge to have a cocktail after dinner, maybe do some dancing, yes ... you'll get that on HAL. You'll also get a show each evening in the main show lounge. If you book one of the larger HAL ships, you'll also have a disco.

But if you're talking about partying into the wee hours of the morning, maybe HAL isn't the cruise line for you. It certainly doesn't have a reputation for the night life that some of the other cruise lines do.

It's so hard to judge whether you will enjoy HAL or not because it really depends a lot on the nature of the itinerary, the time of year, and what ship you sail. But I can say that HAL is a more elegant cruise line than most of the others, and one that caters to the more "mature" passenger. However, on the shorter sailings ... especially those taking place during school vacation periods, you will get a lot of younger cruisers ... and families with children.

But if you're looking for lots of action at night, I guess I would have to say that ... in general ... HAL is probably not the cruise line for you. Carnival or RCI would probably fit the bill far better in that case.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived