Order Liquor in Advance to Send Directly to Ship?

cruisin'sz

Will be in St. Thomas for a short time in Jan and would like to get liquor from AH Riise, but would prefer to spend our time on the island enjoying St Thomas rather than shopping for liquor. Does anyone know if arrangements can be made to order our liquor in advance and have it sent to our cruise ship the day our ship is in port?

I tried to email AH Riise but haven't heard back yet...

I also tried calling but only get voice mail.

Any ideas?

A. H. Riise has stores at both docks, so you don't have to go into town to get your liquor. Even if Riise doesn't have what you want, there are other liquor stores at both docks to fill in the gap, though the ones at Havensight are larger.

We just did it in St. Thomas and it went smoothly. We walked into the store at the dock, spoke with one of the clerks, who followed up around and wrote down what we wanted, we took the receipt to the counter and paid and left. The package was delivered to our cabin the night before departure. Worked very smoothly and we didn't spend more than 10 min in the store.

How can you bring it back on the plane, without risk of breaking and ruining luggage or being compistated in security?

Thanks

We ran into that very same problem. Liquor store clerk told me that you can check the carrier at the airline. Southwest told me differently. We had to rearrange our luggage right there in line and put all the bottles in our checked luggage, then had to sign a waiver incase of breakage and damage to our clothes. Thank god everything got through OK. We are going back to St. Thomas in January but we are driving to the port this time.:)

Archived