Cruise value center ran off with my final payment

woodley

I paid my final payment on 10/27/2008 to Cruise Value center. The cruise line was never paid and Cruise Value Center has now ceased trading. This is theft and I hope no one else has been caught in this mess. If you booked through them then you should check with the cruise line to ensure your cruise has been paid for.

they took me for my last payment of $765 which they charged ti my credit card and did not ever get to NCl. I had to pay it to NCL and now trying to see if my credit card company really will take care of it for me as afraud.

Luckily the first payment was remitted it was only the last one and they also lied of when the last payment was due.

Good luck

they took me for my last payment of $765 which they charged ti my credit card and did not ever get to NCl. I had to pay it to NCL and now trying to see if my credit card company really will take care of it for me as afraud.

Luckily the first payment was remitted it was only the last one and they also lied of when the last payment was due.

Good luck

I really don't think they lied about final payment due date. Every agency i have ever booked with has had their final payment date about a week earlier than the cruise line. I suppose this is to get the funds from the traveler and then on to the cruise line. So, I am not defending CVC, but I think this is a common practice among travel agencies.

As a matter of fact, I think it is absolutely horrible that I received an email from them a day or two BEFORE they CLOSED shop advertising all these great prices. That is robbery and very, very wrong.

Good luck

Just file with the credit card company. It will take time, but you will get the money back. Next time look for insurance that pays if the agency or cruise line goes out of business and you'll be covered both ways. I'm sorry you're having this hassle.

Thomas

If the credit card statement shows the charge from CVC not NCL then contact them on this company going OOB. They will charge them back & credit you. If it states NCL, then you have proof that you paid them. Be sure to contact your Attorney General's office to file a report on CVC leaving you without the NCL credit for the money you paid them.

This was written some where on this site.

star2.bmp Ultimately, Cruise Value Center customers who paid in full for their trips using a credit card, have protection from their card issuers, no matter what the outcome. More problematic is the situation for travelers who paid via PayPal, or with checks or cash; they may have no recourse at all.

What I find hard is that they knew they were going under and right up to the time they did they took the money. Money from young and old even from past clients that trusted them. I know this happens alot in all lines of work but I am from a different breed of people, you just don't do it. From what I have read it is millions of dollars they ran off with. Even putting it into contest with your CC company it could take awhile to get it settled.

From what I have read it is millions of dollars they ran off with. Even putting it into contest with your CC company it could take awhile to get it settled.

I wonder who will actually get stuck holding the bag on this one.

From having my own business that accepted credit cards, I know that you have a bank account tied in with the credit card machine. It takes 2 to 3 days after you settle the credit card machine out (nightly) for the deposit to hit your bank account. The owner of the credit card machine collects from the credit card company, and then makes the deposit, minus their fee for owning the machine. If for any reason, a charge is cancelled, or a refund given to the customer, the owner of the machine will debit the business bank account that amount, and return it to the credit card company.

Now, if the agency that went out of business, closed that account (or accounts) and are gone, there is no bank account to debit to get that money back. So does the actual credit card issuer have to eat that money when they refund their customer?

CG

From having my own business that accepted credit cards, I know that you have a bank account tied in with the credit card machine. It takes 2 to 3 days after you settle the credit card machine out (nightly) for the deposit to hit your bank account. The owner of the credit card machine collects from the credit card company, and then makes the deposit, minus their fee for owning the machine. If for any reason, a charge is cancelled, or a refund given to the customer, the owner of the machine will debit the business bank account that amount, and return it to the credit card company.

Now, if the agency that went out of business, closed that account (or accounts) and are gone, there is no bank account to debit to get that money back. So does the actual credit card issuer have to eat that money when they refund their customer?

CG

It is my understanding that yes, CC issuer eats it! They might go after, in this case, CVC for criminal charges. Probably a waste of legal fees though.

CG

This is what I was trying to get to, with CVC gone and I am sure the accounts are closed and the CC company

has no way to get the money, do they have insurance so the customer can get their money back. If CVC owner's show back up (in jail we hope) they won't be able to repay all that money.

Now the new question CG and I have is : I wonder who will actually get stuck holding the bag on this one.

This was written some where on this site.

star2.bmp Ultimately, Cruise Value Center customers who paid in full for their trips using a credit card, have protection from their card issuers, no matter what the outcome. More problematic is the situation for travelers who paid via PayPal, or with checks or cash; they may have no recourse at all.

Did CVC file for bankruptcy? If so, a whole other issue and the return on your money is a very LOW percent:-( and takes a loooong time.

Always better to pay your cruise line direct! You are, at least, protected if your cruise line is stable.

Paying a middle man means that you know that the middle man is stable and will pay your funds to the line and not keep your funds.

With this economy...you need to "protect" your funds/payments!

Good Luck!

Archived