Favorite Lunch Buffet Offerings

H82seaUgo

Well, shoot........I was going to say the Chinese station.

It's hard to remember what there is. The "Taste of Nations" station is usually good. Each day changes, and they have things like: Italian, Caribbean, Indian, French, Mexican, American and the Chocolate buffet.

The poolside grill is another good choice for lunch. Besides hamburgers and hot dogs, there are chicken strips, onion rings, fries, a few salads.

Not sure if the Spirit class ships have the Mongolian Grill station, but that is good. Tried it on the Valor and it was tasty.

we were on the Holiday in October and we are all trying to eat healthier but still enjoy our cruise so I would get a turkey sandwich from the deli and it was SO GOOD!!I just wished they would serve the guava juice all day I love that stuff.

------------------

Ruth

Do they have this on the Spirit?

Nope and no wok fry station either. Now the fry station on the COnquest class between 11:30 and 2:30 was the best lunch offering for me ever.

its not the same as the chinese station

The "Taste of Nations" station is usually good. Each day changes, and they have things like: Italian, Caribbean, Indian, French, Mexican, American and the Chocolate buffet.
This is always my first stop, as they come up with some great ways to fry, broil, grill, saute, poach and baste fish...:p

Always something new and different...:D Never even made it to Fish & Chips on the Liberty last year..:eek:;)

Here's a little interesting anecdote: while you're here on the Carnival board having a fun little discussion about - - - you know - - - the actual foods that are served in the buffet, over on the HAL board they have a 16 page thread with over 300 posts arguing about - - - get this - - whether the buffet line should or should not have trays! I posted to it myself a few days ago, but now it is completely out of control, lol. Well, I guess that it beats arguing about tipping, fuel surcharges, or jeans in the dining room. :)

Here, check it out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=880024

Don't forget about salads--they have things like Orzo, ham & pineapple; potato; waldorf; they have a deli meat and cheese platter from which to sample; I really enjoy their fried chicken.

They always have some sort of meat at the carving station--pork tenderloin, roast beef, ham, etc.

I always say there is something for everyone on the Lido buffet.

Don't forget all the scrummy desserts they offer at lunchtime, too!

we were on the Holiday in October and we are all trying to eat healthier but still enjoy our cruise so I would get a turkey sandwich from the deli and it was SO GOOD!!I just wished they would serve the guava juice all day I love that stuff.

------------------

Ruth

All you have to do is fill 2-3 glasses up with it and take it to your cabin and put in your fridge and then you can have it all day long. ;)

Archived