Pricing on Dec. 21 Costa Cruise

Cheryl061

I was quoted a price of 860.48 (port charges & taxes included) (inside cabin) for my husband & I to cruise on the Costa Mediterranea leaving on Dec. 21 for 5 nights. Is this a good deal? We also have the opportunity to take our boys (ages 9 & 13) for a total of 1,520.96 (outside cabin). My travel agent said that there was no availability for an inside cabin for the four of us & we would need an outside cabin. We also have the choice of leaving the kids with their grandparents :). What to do...what to do....

Hi...Thanks for the info everyone...we are very close to booking, probably today or tomorrow. My husband doesn't want the boys to come with us...wants a second homeymoon I guess, & for the difference in price we'll take them to Disney or Busch Gardens for a couple of days!! Who do you recommend I book with for the best price & service. Thanks.

Thanks for your quick reply...I checked both Travelzoo.com & Bestpricecruises.com & both do not have Costa Lines as an option. I checked Ourcruiseco.com & they had a rate of 384.00 including port charges plus 31.24 taxes for a total of 415.00 pp for an inside cabin. Would you say I can't go wrong with that price...also any idea if there is a chance for an upgrade?

Will you be cruising on 12/21? Do you think if I book tomorrow it will be too late? or should I be booking tonight?

Thanks, Cheryl

Cheryl, we booked this Costa cruise on ourcruiseco.com. They had the best rates and an instant quote and online booking. The nice thing for us is they only charged us $199 each for the kids to go along (against my better judgement), but we will still have fun. Travelzoo is great for finding cruise deals but I forgot to mention that you can't book through them. Hope all goes well with the online deal. Look us up once you get settled on the ship!

Once again, thanks everyone for your replies...I finally booked! The rate of $418.00 pp (all in) was sold out:mad: , so I ended up paying 455.00 pp., but this rate included an upgrade to Category 3, deck 7:) . My agent also requested an upgrade for us. We are on the wait list for early dining...if not, I guess we will be dining late! Hope to see everyone on board...perhaps we can make arrangements to meet somewhere on ship!

Cheryl

Archived