Outlets in Cabin

CruisinJazz

I would suggest bringing a power strip

spacer.gifhttp://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Electrical_Outlets.aspx

There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt and a 220 volt plug. The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

Thank you much! I'm putting together "cruise gifts" for x-mas and found some power strips at the Dollar store. Just wanted to make sure I purchased the correct kind!

So for x-mas presents I'm giving:

FunShip Dollars

power strips

over the door clear plastic shoe thingy to hold everything in one spot

clips to hold the shower curtain down

highlighters

Any other cheap items that you can think of to go in the gift baskets?

3' bungee cord?? That's a long bungee cord!

Thank you for these idea's!!!!

That picture of the outlet...is that the one in the bathroom or the one in the cabin by the desk/mirror area? Or are they both the same? I purchased a power strip that plugs directly in and has 3 extra outlets...not a long cord with the plugs. Will the one I purchased work? It looks like it might not fit since the other outlet has a ridge? Am I seeing it correctly?

3' bungee cord?? That's a long bungee cord!
You need to wrap it around the balcony door handle AND the balcony rail..:) I recommend 'at least' a 3' one... :p

That picture of the outlet...is that the one in the bathroom or the one in the cabin by the desk/mirror area? Or are they both the same? I purchased a power strip that plugs directly in and has 3 extra outlets...not a long cord with the plugs. Will the one I purchased work? It looks like it might not fit since the other outlet has a ridge? Am I seeing it correctly?
That is the one by the vanity in the cabin...

A standard three prong extension cord or power strip will fit just right!:D

We just use the little door block that the steward leaves in the room for the main cabin door.
I must admit that I've never seen a block to hold the balcony door open!! :eek: The cruiselines frown on the practice...:rolleyes::p

The power strip that I purchased looks kind of similar to this pic. Instead of the prongs being at the end though, they're in the middle with two additional outlets on each side.

http://reviews.cnet.com/i/bto/20080308/belkintravler.jpg

I recommend bringing a small extension cord just in case you have to plug your unique power strip in it. I've been on some cruise ships (Princess) where it definitely wouldn't fit because they stick the outlet in a corner just a tiny bit above the desk area. Many block chargers won't even fit in those small spaces so you need an extension cord or a regular power strip.

Archived