Ocho Rios - What to do after excursion?

scottam

Hi There,

We have a 5-hour excursion (river tubing, Dunns River and lunch) booked while in OR in Feb 09. After the excursion we have 2 hours before we have to be back on ship. We are looking for some suggustions of what we can do during this time

-We could ask our tour guide to extend our tour for addt'l feet. If so, where should we ask to be taken?

-Just walk. Where can we walk on our own from the ship? I imagine shopping is a possibility. What about someplace like Jimmy Buffets? Is that walkable from terminal?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Go to Margaritaville!!!!! The one in Ocho is the BEST!!!! Excellent food & drink at good prices! We were there 3 weeks ago and had such a great time. It has a real nice pool with pool bar and waterslide. It is a very short walk from the ship and also in a nice shopping area. Locals will ask you if you "need" anything, we just smiled and said No Thanks! We think this is one of the BEST Margaritavilles of the islands! Try it, you'll have a blast!

Enjoy!!

Go to Margaritaville!!!!! The one in Ocho is the BEST!!!! Excellent food & drink at good prices! We were there 3 weeks ago and had such a great time. It has a real nice pool with pool bar and waterslide. It is a very short walk from the ship and also in a nice shopping area. Locals will ask you if you "need" anything, we just smiled and said No Thanks! We think this is one of the BEST Margaritavilles of the islands! Try it, you'll have a blast!

Enjoy!!

Would the walk be safe for two women or should we grab a cab? Can you give any examples of what the food and drink prices are? Is there a beach nearby? Thanks

Would the walk be safe for two women or should we grab a cab? Can you give any examples of what the food and drink prices are? Is there a beach nearby? Thanks

It's as safe or unsafe as any other island. Just stick together and say No Thank you with a smile. People do haggle you a bit on the way but no more so than any other island.

I honestly don't remember the exact food & drink prices but we had also gone to Margaritaville in Grand Caymen & Cozumel (same cruise) and I just remember Ocho had the best prices of all. Margaritaville at Ocho has it's own beach and there are also water trampolines there as well as I mentioned the pool/bar/slide.

I walked alone there a few years back with 2, 12 yr old girls! I think it just depends on your own feeling. Some folks do not like it there, some folks do. I feel the vendors at the market at the top of Dunns are much more aggressive than the ones on the way to Margaritaville. I think in Cozumel they are very "grabby" as well as Cayman but that's just my opinion.

Willbe - Couple a questions ... How long of a walk is it between ship and M'Ville? Is there a cover charge to get in or is it just like a bar/restaurant that's on the beach? And if there is a cover, what does it get you? Are there beach chairs available?

Thanks for the suggestion. This is perfect for a couple hours between excursion and sail away!

Willbe - Couple a questions ... How long of a walk is it between ship and M'Ville? Is there a cover charge to get in or is it just like a bar/restaurant that's on the beach? And if there is a cover, what does it get you? Are there beach chairs available?

Thanks for the suggestion. This is perfect for a couple hours between excursion and sail away!

It's only about a 5 minute walk if that.

No cover charge. It has a small beach in front of it and sorry I did not notice if there were any beach chairs, we were having way to much fun on the waterslide, watching the staff dance and participating in the line dances!

Try to google it. Also here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBIDVUyQ8I

It's only about a 5 minute walk if that.

No cover charge. It has a small beach in front of it and sorry I did not notice if there were any beach chairs, we were having way to much fun on the waterslide, watching the staff dance and participating in the line dances!

Try to google it. Also here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBIDVUyQ8I

Thanks for the info and links. I appreciate it. I located the website too and it looks and sounds like a great place to hang out for a couple hours! Thanks again!

Your very welcome!! ENJOY!! Don't forget.......try the waterslide;)

Oh, don't you worry. I will for sure try the water slide!!!!

Good question about the lockers ... I didn't see any mention of them on the website. Willbe, do you recall seeing any there? Would be handy to have if one plans on swimming and water sliding!

Oh, don't you worry. I will for sure try the water slide!!!!

Good question about the lockers ... I didn't see any mention of them on the website. Willbe, do you recall seeing any there? Would be handy to have if one plans on swimming and water sliding!

I'm sorry I did not notice but then again I did not look for any either? That is a good question though. I use a water wallet and just bring a small amount of cash (usually dollar bills) and a credit card. Holds my seapass also. You can purchase them on the ship or CC store, it hangs around your neck. I did not worry about my beach bag as it just had towels and sunscreen in it and no one bothered it.

Archived