Sugar free soda? other options?

Oshkosh

Hi

I have diabetes and was just wondering about sugar free sodas (is it only diet coke ?) and sugar free desserts, etc? we sailed on carnival before and they had desserts but usually the soda choices are limited to caffeine full soda...

thanks

OSHKOSH

:cool:

To my knowledge, they offer Diet Coke as a sugar-free beverage and a lemon-lime soda (Coke product) as the caffeine free offering. They do not have readily available a caffeine free diet soda so we're taking on our own CF Diet Coke and Fresca. I can't have the sugar and the DH can't have the caffiene so we have no choice.

Cathy

There was Diet Coke. I think there was unsweetened iced tea that you could sweeten with your choice of artificial sweeteners (Equal, Splenda, the pink stuff, etc.).

I remember seeing several sugar-free desserts at the Windjammer, and at least one sugar-free dessert offering on the MDR dinner menu each night. My DH had the sugar-free cheesecake one night, and he really enjoyed it.

You can also alert RCL so they can accommodate your special diet.

Have you thought about bringing Crystal Light Singles? You can get ice water and mix it yourself. That way you know you are getting the right beverage. I've gotten regular soda by accident at least once on every cruise. (I'm a diabetic.) I'll try the singles idea myself on our next cruise.

They have Diet Sprite available in the cans. I have not been able to get it on the soda card in the past so I would not get the soda card thinking you can get it.

Some people have occasionally reported being able to get Caffeine Free Diet Coke on some ships, but I have never seen it onboard.

Archived