Apollo is Sweating Grenades

AFT_LOVER

NCL's cousin with Apollo's cruiselines, Oceania Nautica was cruising to India when the pirates attacked them in the Sea of Aden per Fox News. 8 shots were fired by 2 speeding boats but Oceania Nautica's Captain fired the pods to race past them. They may be cancelling all Indian ports. Mumbia was cancelled for Monday. Everyone on her is fine and many of the cruisers got quite a show to tell everyone with. hey had no word of where they will be going to.

since missile launcher could be next. Mumbai is stating that Pakistanis were the hated ones that blew up hotel & murdered people. They have hated them & with USA as good friends that put us in worse waters. With Norway dying in their waters & the tsnumai in the near area, we will say NO to cruises going there.

NCL's cousin with Apollo's cruiselines, Oceania Nautica was cruising to India when the pirates attacked them in the Sea of Aden per Fox News. 8 shots were fired by 2 speeding boats but Oceania Nautica's Captain fired the pods to race past them. They may be cancelling all Indian ports. Mumbia was cancelled for Monday. Everyone on her is fine and many of the cruisers got quite a show to tell everyone with. hey had no word of where they will be going to.

Wow.. can you imagine being on a cruise and coming across Pirates?!? I wonder if they really say "argh!"

Sorry, I know it's not funny, but it just got me thinkin

Wow.. can you imagine being on a cruise and coming across Pirates?!? I wonder if they really say "argh!"

Sorry, I know it's not funny, but it just got me thinkin

I've looked for pirates from our balcony on a few occasions, but unfortunately Captain Jack Sparrow was always somewhere else! ;)

All kidding aside.......These are the ones I hope never to encounter.

The Seabourn Spirit (which is mentioned in the article as being attacked three years ago) - Just recently sailed through those waters with French naval vessels along side. See the Seabourn boards for the thread with pictures.

Thank God nobody was hurt in this attack.

• Administrators

Personally I too would avoid cruising in this volatile region of the world at this time, but I'd point out that prior to the Mumbai attacks nobody apparently had any information/intelligence that the city was about to become a target, and the country wasn't elevated in US State Department alerts, etc.

You can plan life as best you can, but sometimes it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, like the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. By the way, I wouldn't consider the tsunami a factor in deciding where to cruise, and I can't imagine why anyone would, as someone posted above. How can people who think a previous natural disaster is grounds to avoid a region actually travel... well... anywhere? Or for that matter live... well... anywhere? Natural disasters happen all over the globe -- floods, earthquakes, earthquakes + tsunamis, hurricanes, typhoons, tornados, cyclones, forest fires, droughts, volcanoes, and on and on.

Archived