Luggage to airport/boarding pass- fee?

Tweets

On Princess we were able to pay for our luggage to be taken from the ship to the airport directly by Princess and we were also given our boarding pass on the last night of the cruise. That way we were able to take a cab to the airport and just go through to the gate.

Does Celebrity do this as well, if so, what is the fee?

You cannot get the boarding pass on board Celebrity unless you go to the computer room, access your flight info and print out the boarding pass yourself. Celebrity doesn't do this for their passengers. On some cruises, and for some airlines, Celebrity does have a program where they will take your bags to the airport for a fee. Your flight has to be after a certain time and you still have to claim your bags in the terminal and go through Customs. Not all airlines participate in this program.

We've done this in the past at $20/pp. I think it's available at major US ports (but maybe not all) and there are some restrictions. For example I think it was limited to flights ending within the USA on certain airlines after a certain time. At the ports we've done it (Ft. Lauderdale and San Juan) we had to claim our luggage in the cruise terminal to clear customs and then check it on the other side of customs.

On Princess we were able to pay for our luggage to be taken from the ship to the airport directly by Princess and we were also given our boarding pass on the last night of the cruise. That way we were able to take a cab to the airport and just go through to the gate.

Does Celebrity do this as well, if so, what is the fee?

[/quote

Tweets,

Last week I used The "Valet Luggage" program with Celebrity. It's only available for certain airlines and you must have a flight after noon. The charge was $20. You do NOT have to print off your boarding pass and you do NOT have to collect your luggage. Our board pass and airline luggage tags were delivered to our room in the afternoon the day before arrival and we simply put the tags on the bags and placed them in the hall the night before and never saw them again until we arrived at our home town airport. It was a delight to not hassle finding our bags in the tent on the pier or the hassles at the airport. (We departed and returned to San Diego and were on United Airlines.)

Debr

Can I ask if you had cruise air' date=' or not. I thought with cruise air this was done for you through the trip, at least after you arrive at first airport and deliver bags to check in.:confused:[/quote']

We did not have cruise air on the trips we used the "valet service" for on-board check in and luggage check in at the port. The one time we did use cruise air was on a cruise where this wasn't offered (ended at Cape Liberty, New Jersey). Overall my impression of cruise air is that they don't provide any special luggage handling nor board pass issuance although they do include transfers to/from the airport.

Thanks for the info.

Napi's Mom: We purchased air ourselves, not through Celebrity.

I think the $20 is worth spending because the airport in Puerto Rico can be really busy and getting the boarding pass ahead of time is very convenient.:)

Archived