british VAT drop

sandian

I dont think so as the original invoice was raised before december 1st. I have a vat registered company, and I know for all of our business, anything raised before December 1st was allocated at 17.5%

I too hoped the same thing..we have holidays booked for 09, final balances not yet paid, but no, dont think so.

If you cancelled and rebooked, you would pay the new vat rate. But then thats a no win as you lose deposit.I had a look today on RCIs site to see if there had been any changes to price as today is December 1st..so far nothing..

I would give RCI UK a call..let us know what happens??

I dont think so as the original invoice was raised before december 1st. I have a vat registered company, and I know for all of our business, anything raised before December 1st was allocated at 17.5%

I too hoped the same thing..we have holidays booked for 09, final balances not yet paid, but no, dont think so.

If you cancelled and rebooked, you would pay the new vat rate. But then thats a no win as you lose deposit.I had a look today on RCIs site to see if there had been any changes to price as today is December 1st..so far nothing..

I would give RCI UK a call..let us know what happens??

I wouldn't really expect RCI's website to be that on the ball. Also, remember that the base cruise price would be the same, you would have to pretend book far enough to see the taxes/fees.

From The VAT Office

"It is at the discretion of the retailer as to which rate they charge, but unless the invoice for the whole amount (not just deposit) was raised before DEC 1st 2008 the remainder should normally be charged at 15%. They can also choose to charge you 15% on the whole amount INCLUDING the deposit already paid as the services will be completed after the 1st Dec 2008."

Regards

Roy.

From The VAT Office

"It is at the discretion of the retailer as to which rate they charge, but unless the invoice for the whole amount (not just deposit) was raised before DEC 1st 2008 the remainder should normally be charged at 15%. They can also choose to charge you 15% on the whole amount INCLUDING the deposit already paid as the services will be completed after the 1st Dec 2008."

Regards

Roy.

mmmmm very interesting!!! Whats the chances though?? If anyone has any luck please keep us updated!

Sorry short answer, NO the VAT drop wont affect cruise prices. :(

Long answer-

- All cruises call on ports of more than one country and are therefore

classed as "international passenger transport" for VAT purposes.

- International passenger transport is zero rated for VAT purposes.

- This means that no VAT is levied on the ticket price of the cruise.

- Please note that VAT may be applied to onboard goods / services dependent on itinerary and home port.

Archived