Mini Suite & Balcony on the Dolphin Deck

hellokitty49

I just booked a cruise on the Grand for August. I booked a mini suite with balcony and after reading other posts I beginning to feel like I made a mistake. I understand that the balcony on the Dolphin deck is wide open but is it really that bad? Except the obvious, what was everyone doing on the balcony that they required so much privacy? My DH and I are just planning to enjoy the view with lots of wine. What are your thoughts?

BYW has anyone been on the northern Europe, Norway/Sweden/Denmark cruise.

I just booked a cruise on the Grand for August. I booked a mini suite with balcony and after reading other posts I beginning to feel like I made a mistake. I understand that the balcony on the Dolphin deck is wide open but is it really that bad? Except the obvious, what was everyone doing on the balcony that they required so much privacy? My DH and I are just planning to enjoy the view with lots of wine. What are your thoughts?

There are some people who do not like the open balcony. I for one do not mind it at all. I have been in quite a few of them and I to enjoy the open balcony. You really only get sun 1/2 of the day. My DH and I also stand out there and enjoy the views.

For more information on the countries you listed just go back to the home page and scroll down to Ports of Call. Go to the europe; there is all sorts of info there.

Marilyn

We have sailed the Grand 3 times and always had a mini suite on Dolphin deck. We love the mini suite for its bigger bathroom with tub, expanded seating area with couch and 2 TVs. We don't mind the uncovered balcony at all. Usually, when we look around, most of the balconies around us are unoccupied, and even when someone is there, we aren't doing anything we don't want to be seen. Also, on Dolphin you look down onto the sea, not other balconies. There are some issues that are possible on ANY balcony: rude , noisy neighbors who smoke, trash landing on your balcony -- but we haven't experienced any problems like that. Some posters will tell you that they hate the uncovered balconies, but we aren't bothered and have a Dolphin mini suite booked for our January Ruby cruise.

We just came back from the Crown eastern iten. a few weeks ago. We were on Dolphin deck 322 mini suite, Loved the open balcony....no garbage or anything dropped from other balconies. Very rarely saw anybody above us and if there was they were not paying any attention to the balconies below. We have had totally enclosed balconies and I would take the open again in a heartbeat:)

we were in dolphin 501 on nov 15th cruise and loved the balcony. the openess did not bother us. It was not extremely warm that week so it was fine. Enjoy it you will love it

Archived