Dune Buggy Help

DoubleDee2

:confused: We have a group of 15 that want to book the dune buggy tour for December. From what I can tell, there are about 3 different outfits that do these tours? Are they all just "reservation-takers" for the same main company? What is the best way to book this tour? The prices all seem the same, and not cheaper than the ship tours. Any advice or recommendations for us? Thanks a ton!

No, they aren't the same company. We have a couple different tours here with dune buggys. I would suggest booking through your shore excursion manager on board. Price will be the same if you do it that way. And many tours only work through shore ex's and will not book another way.

No, they aren't the same company. We have a couple different tours here with dune buggys. I would suggest booking through your shore excursion manager on board. Price will be the same if you do it that way. And many tours only work through shore ex's and will not book another way.

Ok, so the Eagle Ray Divers that offers a dune buggy tour, and the Cozumel Insider offers one and then the other is Cozumel homes or whatever, they are all different tours? They are all the same price and seem to have the exact same descriptions....that is why I asked. Thank you :)

Sportsterjohn...my family of 4 would like to do a dune buggy tour, also. What company did Coz homes book you through. It sounds like you had a blast...can you tell more more about your tour. Do you have an e-mail address or website. Any pictures??

Thanks so much!

Sportsterjohn...my family of 4 would like to do a dune buggy tour, also. What company did Coz homes book you through. It sounds like you had a blast...can you tell more more about your tour. Do you have an e-mail address or website. Any pictures??

Thanks so much!

I do have a bunch of pics posted on webphotos but the site has been down for a few days.

I know that Sandollar and Pelicanos both have dune buggy tours. They all go the same basic route...although, some go farther on the "jeep trail" north past Mecalitos.

The dune buggies really fly along the road...a much faster, bumpier ride. It's also louder and more windy.

I was looking at Eagle Ray Divers Dune Buggy tour. Last time we were in Cozumel, we took an eco jeep ride, booked through the cruise ship. The company was Sunshine fun tours. Are they still around? They were great but I would like to see a different part of the island this time.

OK...I'm totally confused. We have all day and evening in Cozumel, so timing is not a problem. If we want a fun day of jeep/dune buggying with a variety of things to do...some sightseeing...some snorkeling/swimming...some offroading fun...who should we book with????????????????????????????:confused: We are a family of 4, including 2 teens.

Marcys...

They do not have a website at the moment. Here is Julio Sanchez's email address though. He is the tour operator for Eco Jeep and Snorkel aka Sunshine Tours. He speaks very good english.

julios@sunshinefuntours.com

llund...

They do not have an alternate route. There is a dune buggy tour and a 4x4 jeep tour that goes to the east side of the island heading north. I went out a week ago on that. It was okay but VERY long day...8 hour tour. Snorkeling was lousy but beach area was beautiful. The offroading was very rough, cut my toe being bounced around in the jeep.

smilie_auto.gif

Archived