Parking at Cruise Terminal in NYC

Rich&Robin

I have used the ferry a few times coming from NJ. IMHO, it is really not all that convenient. I know people who love it though. I don't think the bus shuttle goes to the Boat Basin/79th St pier, so you may have to take a taxi to the pier.

I checked my favorite site to find cheap parking--www.bestparking.com--and there is a garage that has a weekly special about 4 blocks away for $135 including tax. Not great but not as bad as $30/day

I've looked everywhere for the same alternative and found nothing. You do have to take a taxi from the ferry so to me that's just all a pain. Some people who cruised with us last year called a head to park in an alternative parking garage in NYC and when they got there they had no room for them. They had do drive into NJ and do the ferry thing - almost missing the ship! Not fun. Now we just park at the pier and pay the $30/day!

I have used the ferry a few times coming from NJ. IMHO, it is really not all that convenient. I know people who love it though. I don't think the bus shuttle goes to the Boat Basin/79th St pier, so you may have to take a taxi to the pier.

?

The Ferry from Port Imperial stops at 40th street and 12th avenue, Its an easy walk from the terminal to the Manhattan Cruise terminal which is from 48 to 52nd street and the same 12th avenue.. You can also take a cab. I have no idea why you would have to go to the Boat Basin at 79th street.

I have no idea why you would have to go to the Boat Basin at 79th street.

What do I know--I'm from NJ!:confused: It looks like that's where I would exit when I come down the HH! My daughter is always finding an excuse to convince me to go on Sundays--just so she can see the Dawn as we pass by!

:eek:

What do I know--I'm from NJ!:confused: It looks like that's where I would exit when I come down the HH! My daughter is always finding an excuse to convince me to go on Sundays--just so she can see the Dawn as we pass by!

:eek:

why would you get off at 79th street when its just as easy to continue and get off at the right at 58th street directly into the cruise terminal....if you want to just pass by stay to the middle left. On days when there is one or two ships it doesn't normally back up that badly except at the very high water mark(personally I try to get there just before noon when it is my opinion the easiest).

Archived