LONG Wedding Review, Carnival Conquest Nov. 23, 2008

I’ll start by saying that my wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for! Future brides, have no worries!

Arrival at the Pier

You know how when you want to find someone in a large crowd, it seems impossible? Well it’s also true that when you want to avoid someone in a large crowd, it’s also impossible! Two minutes after I arrived, I look over and my fiance is getting out of the car about 30 feet from me! Luckily, he didn’t see me, so I dove behind a suitcase until someone could go over and tell him to turn around. I went upstairs to check in, where I was met by Amy, a TWE coordinator. She went over all of the details me, answered all of my questions, and took my cake topper, CD, and decorations. The staff was GREAT about keeping me and my fiance apart. I saw him a lot, but there were always people hiding him in the corner and turning him around so he wouldn’t see me. I would get through one part of the check-in process, and then they would move me out and move him in. I was frustrated when I went to “VIP” check-in and sat there for 20 minutes. Finally I was asked if I was there to check-in…what else would I be there for!? Anyway, everyone else had already checked in since VIP took so long, but I checked in and met up with my family. By that time I was at the end of the line, so my officiant was great and moved everyone out of the way in line announcing “bride coming through!” She took me to my room to get ready.

Waiting for the wedding

I got on to the ship about 11:45. My wedding was at one so I had plenty of time. My dad went and got me some food from the Lido deck and forced me to eat, I was so nervous I had no appetite whatsoever. I think they had a rehearsal, but the bridesmaids and my parents were in the room with me the whole time, so I guess they didn’t rehearse. The photographer came to get me and took some pictures on the way up. I waited behind a corner as the wedding began so he wouldn’t see me through the glass wall of the Degas Lounge. I had stayed pretty calm all day, but this was the point the butterflies set in! I couldn’t believe it was really happening!

The wedding

The officiant told my dad to walk me in a different way than everyone else. Unfortunately, I didn’t know where I was going as I was weaving in and out of chairs and couches. The whole way down the “aisle” I was whispering to my dad, “now where!?” We get up to the front and of course I step on my dress on the stairs and make a tiny stumble. Anybody that knows me would not be surprised, including my groom who laughed with me. My dad handed me off, and the ceremony begin. I don’t remember much of the ceremony. I was hardly listening, I have no ideas what exactly our vows said. My groom and I were giggling at each other the whole time. Before I knew it, it was time to kiss the bride. Everyone said it was a lovely wedding, I guess I’ll have to go back and watch the video! We have our own video camera and one of my husband’s cousins taped the whole thing. Nobody ever said anything about it, and we got everything on video without buying the super expensive videographer package. Our photographer took a bunch of group shots after the ceremony that turned out great.

The reception

Our reception was in Blue’s Piano Bar. When I first saw a picture of it, I could only describe it one way… “It looks like Disney threw up in there!” It was so bright and full of primary colors and crazy patterns. Luckily, I didn’t really care that much. But, I will admit I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw that it wasn’t quite as bad as it looks in pictures. It was actually a really nice room. The coordinator announced us as we walked in. Right away we did the cake cutting and champagne toasts. Then we walked around and visited as our guests got some food. I only ate about two bites of food. I still didn’t feel hungry and I was much too busy! However, I did have a couple of margaritas! J After a while it was time for the dances. We brought our own iPod dock and I have to say, it was GREAT. We paid $150 for the thing and it was SO loud! We had to turn it down. We made our own play lists and saved a ton of money by not using the technician. I danced with my husband, then with my dad (what an emotional few minutes!). Then my husband danced with his mom, and we did a couple of fun dances with our siblings. After the dances a few people joined in as we continued to mingle. I was so sad when it came time for the non sailing guests to leave. Time flew by so fast!!

Photography

Some people mentioned having pushing photographers who took them from their reception early. We had Marlon and he was wonderful. I hardly even noticed him and he never tried to take us away. After everyone left he took us around the ship to do the pictures. One recommendation: our photographer did our outside photos first. I would suggest asking to do the indoor pictures first. My hair was blowing all over the place outside so I am a little windblown in all of the pictures after those! We felt silly doing some of the poses, but I have to admit that most of them came out great! There were some that we were cracking up because we felt so dumb in that position, and those were some of my favorite because we look genuinely happy and not too posey. I took a couple of pictures with Heatther (11/23/08wedding) and they are really cute. We bought a lot of pictures, and I will just say that you should always ask for what you want. It doesn’t hurt to ask and they just might say yes! ;)

Afterthoughts

We stayed in our wedding outfits all day. People told us congratulations everywhere we went and it was so fun. We went to the muster drill, I wanted that picture with the bright orange vests! We had a great time and I have no regrets about the cruise ship wedding. I would highly recommend Carnival and TWE. Sorry for the really long review, let me know if you have any questions!

Here is the link to our professional photos (all of them, the good, bad, and ugly): http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=263035165/a=146870738/t_=146870738

I’ll start by saying that my wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for! Future brides' date=' have no worries![/font']

Arrival at the Pier

You know how when you want to find someone in a large crowd, it seems impossible? Well it’s also true that when you want to avoid someone in a large crowd, it’s also impossible! Two minutes after I arrived, I look over and my fiance is getting out of the car about 30 feet from me! Luckily, he didn’t see me, so I dove behind a suitcase until someone could go over and tell him to turn around. I went upstairs to check in, where I was met by Amy, a TWE coordinator. She went over all of the details me, answered all of my questions, and took my cake topper, CD, and decorations. The staff was GREAT about keeping me and my fiance apart. I saw him a lot, but there were always people hiding him in the corner and turning him around so he wouldn’t see me. I would get through one part of the check-in process, and then they would move me out and move him in. I was frustrated when I went to “VIP” check-in and sat there for 20 minutes. Finally I was asked if I was there to check-in…what else would I be there for!? Anyway, everyone else had already checked in since VIP took so long, but I checked in and met up with my family. By that time I was at the end of the line, so my officiant was great and moved everyone out of the way in line announcing “bride coming through!” She took me to my room to get ready.

Waiting for the wedding

I got on to the ship about 11:45. My wedding was at one so I had plenty of time. My dad went and got me some food from the Lido deck and forced me to eat, I was so nervous I had no appetite whatsoever. I think they had a rehearsal, but the bridesmaids and my parents were in the room with me the whole time, so I guess they didn’t rehearse. The photographer came to get me and took some pictures on the way up. I waited behind a corner as the wedding began so he wouldn’t see me through the glass wall of the Degas Lounge. I had stayed pretty calm all day, but this was the point the butterflies set in! I couldn’t believe it was really happening!

The wedding

The officiant told my dad to walk me in a different way than everyone else. Unfortunately, I didn’t know where I was going as I was weaving in and out of chairs and couches. The whole way down the “aisle” I was whispering to my dad, “now where!?” We get up to the front and of course I step on my dress on the stairs and make a tiny stumble. Anybody that knows me would not be surprised, including my groom who laughed with me. My dad handed me off, and the ceremony begin. I don’t remember much of the ceremony. I was hardly listening, I have no ideas what exactly our vows said. My groom and I were giggling at each other the whole time. Before I knew it, it was time to kiss the bride. Everyone said it was a lovely wedding, I guess I’ll have to go back and watch the video! We have our own video camera and one of my husband’s cousins taped the whole thing. Nobody ever said anything about it, and we got everything on video without buying the super expensive videographer package. Our photographer took a bunch of group shots after the ceremony that turned out great.

The reception

Our reception was in Blue’s Piano Bar. When I first saw a picture of it, I could only describe it one way… “It looks like Disney threw up in there!” It was so bright and full of primary colors and crazy patterns. Luckily, I didn’t really care that much. But, I will admit I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw that it wasn’t quite as bad as it looks in pictures. It was actually a really nice room. The coordinator announced us as we walked in. Right away we did the cake cutting and champagne toasts. Then we walked around and visited as our guests got some food. I only ate about two bites of food. I still didn’t feel hungry and I was much too busy! However, I did have a couple of margaritas! J After a while it was time for the dances. We brought our own iPod dock and I have to say, it was GREAT. We paid $150 for the thing and it was SO loud! We had to turn it down. We made our own play lists and saved a ton of money by not using the technician. I danced with my husband, then with my dad (what an emotional few minutes!). Then my husband danced with his mom, and we did a couple of fun dances with our siblings. After the dances a few people joined in as we continued to mingle. I was so sad when it came time for the non sailing guests to leave. Time flew by so fast!!

Photography

Some people mentioned having pushing photographers who took them from their reception early. We had Marlon and he was wonderful. I hardly even noticed him and he never tried to take us away. After everyone left he took us around the ship to do the pictures. One recommendation: our photographer did our outside photos first. I would suggest asking to do the indoor pictures first. My hair was blowing all over the place outside so I am a little windblown in all of the pictures after those! We felt silly doing some of the poses, but I have to admit that most of them came out great! There were some that we were cracking up because we felt so dumb in that position, and those were some of my favorite because we look genuinely happy and not too posey. I took a couple of pictures with Heatther (11/23/08wedding) and they are really cute. We bought a lot of pictures, and I will just say that you should always ask for what you want. It doesn’t hurt to ask and they just might say yes! ;)

Afterthoughts

We stayed in our wedding outfits all day. People told us congratulations everywhere we went and it was so fun. We went to the muster drill, I wanted that picture with the bright orange vests! We had a great time and I have no regrets about the cruise ship wedding. I would highly recommend Carnival and TWE. Sorry for the really long review, let me know if you have any questions!

Here is the link to our professional photos (all of them, the good, bad, and ugly): http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=263035165/a=146870738/t_=146870738

CONGRATS!!! We really had a great time meeting you guys! We love the photos of all of us! Renu didn't even try to get them for us, like you said I should ahve asked! Ha ha Ha maybe we will meet up again on a honeymoon cruise! Keep in touch!

Best of luck!

Congratulations - beautiful pictures!! Great review as well. I agree with you 100% on the inside pictures first. Our first pictures were out on the deck, and my hair got completely messed up - I tried to fix it in the elevator! I also almost lost my veil!!

I’ll start by saying that my wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for! Future brides' date=' have no worries![/font']

Arrival at the Pier

Waiting for the wedding

The wedding

The reception

Photography

Afterthoughts

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful!!! How long was the ceremony? Did you have to pay extra for the ice sculpture?

The ceremony was about 20 minutes long' date=' even though it felt like it was 30 seconds! Then we did about 10 minutes of group pictures before we went to the reception. I didn't have to pay extra for the ice sculpture, it was included in the package.[/quote']

Which package did you get? It looks beautiful! How long was the reception! Thanks for all the info!:)

Archived