All Day Inclusive Pass at Breezes vs Sandals in Jamaica?

happy2gocruising

We went to the Sunset Grande Resort in Sept. Very Nice and a great Bargain. Day Pass was $45 if I recall right which included All you can drink YEA Alcohol on non. Lunch and a snack if you choose, access to all 5-6 pools and water slide. Check out their website. You cant go wrong very nice place.:D

http://www.sunsetjamaicagrande.com/

We did the Breezes excursion through RCCL in October. The beach was very nice and they had a boat that took you out for some pretty impressive snorkeling. There were 2 pools, one "infinity" pool and another, quieter pool. The grounds were nice, but I wouldn't consider it a luxury resort by any means. We weren't impressed with the food, but the drinks were fine. It was about a 20 minute drive out to the resort. We enjoyed the day, but I didn't feel it was worth the price we paid. Next time, I think we will try the Sunset Grande. We could see the Sunset Grande from the ship and it looked pretty nice and is 1/2 the price of the Breezes excursion.

We went to the Sunset Grande Resort in Sept. Very Nice and a great Bargain. Day Pass was $45 if I recall right which included All you can drink YEA Alcohol on non. Lunch and a snack if you choose, access to all 5-6 pools and water slide. Check out their website. You cant go wrong very nice place.:D

http://www.sunsetjamaicagrande.com/

Just called them... day pass at the Ocho Rios facility is $80pp and must pay for taxi.

Mike

We did the Breezes excursion through RCCL in October. The beach was very nice and they had a boat that took you out for some pretty impressive snorkeling. There were 2 pools, one "infinity" pool and another, quieter pool. The grounds were nice, but I wouldn't consider it a luxury resort by any means. We weren't impressed with the food, but the drinks were fine. It was about a 20 minute drive out to the resort. We enjoyed the day, but I didn't feel it was worth the price we paid. Next time, I think we will try the Sunset Grande. We could see the Sunset Grande from the ship and it looked pretty nice and is 1/2 the price of the Breezes excursion.

Hello Lily14,

What was security like at Breezes? Were you able to leave your personal items on your chaise lounge & snorkel/swim & not worry about theft? Or did Breezes provide lockers?

We booked the same shore excursion for our 1/4 panama crossing.

Thanks.

Saitken69

Costa Mesa, CA

Hello Lily14,

What was security like at Breezes? Were you able to leave your personal items on your chaise lounge & snorkel/swim & not worry about theft? Or did Breezes provide lockers?

We booked the same shore excursion for our 1/4 panama crossing.

Thanks.

Saitken69

Costa Mesa, CA

There were no lockers, but since it was mostly resort guests, we felt comfortable leaving our bag on a lounge chair unattended. I did have an older Ipod and an inexpensive camera in the bag, but I have a surf safe for our cruise cards, cash, etc. that I wear while swimming/snorkeling.

There were no lockers, but since it was mostly resort guests, we felt comfortable leaving our bag on a lounge chair unattended. I did have an older Ipod and an inexpensive camera in the bag, but I have a surf safe for our cruise cards, cash, etc. that I wear while swimming/snorkeling.

Thanks for the info!

shannon

Hi Mitzi,

I'm going to be there President's Week on the Freedom (RCL). I just called the resort, and their day pass went up to $60 for adults and $30 for kids up to 15 (not bad at all) - not $80. The person who quoted that must have confused this resort with a different one. And by the way, the day pass is the same for both the Sunset resort in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. I was at the one in Montego Bay five years ago on another cruise and it was amazing. At that time, the day pass was $20 for adults and $10 for kids for all day, all you can eat and drink and all non-motorized water sports. But I still think $60 is reasonable for all that.

Debbie

Archived