VAT and Cunard

jonsul

I know nothing at all about VAT, but in view of the recent cut, does anyone know if will this affect our forthcoming cruise at all? We have paid the deposit (not sailing until April). Obviously if the rate had gone up, or fuel costs rise, this would possibly have made its mark, or is the price agreed on booking the price finally paid?

Not sure whether I have made myself clear - hope so! :confused:

The VAT legislation states that service performed prior to December 1, 208 would be subject to the VAT rate of 17.5%. Therefore, unless Cunard has a special arrangement with HMRC in the UK, your final payment should be subject to the reduced rate of 15%.

The VAT legislation states that service performed prior to December 1, 208 would be subject to the VAT rate of 17.5%. Therefore, unless Cunard has a special arrangement with HMRC in the UK, your final payment should be subject to the reduced rate of 15%.

My understanding is that there is no VAT payable on cruise fares booked in the UK.

K.

Archived