Cozumel Tours by Johann & Sandra

tennis837

Has anyone done the Cozumel Glass Bottom Boat/3-Reef Snorkeling with Cozumel Tours by Johann & Sandra? The answer may be buried someplace in this category but after reading lots of the post I did not find it. Thanks for any info.

Has anyone done the Cozumel Glass Bottom Boat/3-Reef Snorkeling with Cozumel Tours by Johann & Sandra? The answer may be buried someplace in this category but after reading lots of the post I did not find it. Thanks for any info.

See my posting yesterday but minimum I would make sure you are very clear in your expectations and communications with this operator and have in writing what you are going to get for your money - we had a bad experience with this operator - they sub-contract to lower level service providers and we did not get what we paid for - payment is made in advance so you are out of luck trying to get any relief

here's my original post - I even had trouble finding it - weird!

Cozumel-Tours rip off

We were docked in Cozumel on the Princess Ruby on Nov 10th - we had pre-booked a jeep tour with Cozumel Tours which was to include "Snorkeling on Coral Reefs, Mayan Ruins, tropical rain forests, a Tequila Factory, virgin white sand beaches, and a Mayan Village, all in one awesome tour!" For $72 per person - save your money and rent your own jeep and get a map! In addition to the $72 we had to pay an additional $8 to cover entrance fees for the ruins; we snorkeled near the reefs but not on them; the "factory" was nothing more than a store front pushing their product for which our guides were given a "cut"; we never saw anything resembling a rain forest and the lunch that was included at the friendly confines of El Galleon Beach Club turned out to be a little dive on the side of the road overlooking the beach where the bathrooms had no lights and were more like an old outhouse and were inhabited by at least one very large tarantula lurking in the corner; we did not get to order from a menu but were served some suspicious looking shriveled chicken with fixings for fajitas while the flies tried to feast off our food - all while being watched by some strage raccoon like critter who was tied to a railing in the corner... the only saving grace here was that we were in an open porch like building with a beautiful view of the Virgin White Sandy beaches on the Eastern shore - where we could NOT swim. We never went to EL Cedral nor did we trek thru any jungle as advertised.

Cozumel Tours sub-contracted to Panteras Jeeps for this tour - we had to find our own way to Senor Frogs from our pier (they offer free pickup but did not pick us up), then we were walked to a nearby car rental to have our "guide" pick up the jeep that we would use for the day - he then advised us to cross the busy street so he could pick us up on the other side of the road - why we couldn't get in in front of the rental shop was very strange.... then we met up with 5 other people at the snorkeling site which was our first stop - after snorkeling we were told our "guide" was taking the 3 ladies and the two couples (who didn't know each other but was okay) would have the other jeep and should decide who would DRIVE - the other man offered to drive with a beer in each hand and the "guide" was willing to let him - needless to say my husband ended up driving the "tour" and not getting to enjoy the trip at all.

I would not recomend this company to anyone on these boards for the simple reason that they offer an infierior tour that is overpriced. What should have been a wonderful trip around this beautiful island turned into an extremely stressful day and huge dissapointment. We never stopped for pictures other than at the ruins, the Tequila "museum" and the broken down lunch place. At each venue we were turned over to other "expert" guides who were also looking for tips at the end of each stop.

When I voiced our dissapointment to Cozumel Tours I was told my business was valuable to them and they thanked me for my valuable feedback, but they did not offer any form of relief in the form of a partial refund and told me I was welcome to voice my opinion on any forums I chose so here I am....

Cozumel-Tours does not have good business practices, nor do they have any idea how these sub-contractors arrange their tours and provide service. Avoid them!

Cinbol

They are a booking agency that "middle mans" tours in numerous cruise ports. It is always best to book directly if possible or at least through an agency that is actually local. Outside agencies may be too far removed to stay abreast of any changes they may happen, not be aware of local circumstances and would certainly be of no assistance if you did have a problem.

Many tours are quite content to pay commissions for someone to handle all bookings and the price to the tourist is most often the same. You can often save quite bit by not booking through the ship, but sometimes it can be the best option. If you are planning a distant excursion where your return time may be close to departure, you have the insurance of not being left behind. Many tours reserve blocks for the ships and it may be the only option as all openings "are full" or you can not book your preferred time.

Archived