Beaches near Livorno?

We took the train from Livorno to Via Reggio, which is a beach resort. However this was in October, and it was very warm, or very lively. If you are visiting in the summer it would be a good option.

Also there was a very large market there, which was interesting - i'm not sure if that is on every day, or if we were just lucky.

I think the train took about 30 mins, and the walk from the train station to the beach was about 15 mins.

Having lived in Tirrenia (10 kilometers north of Livorno) for three years, I think that I can speak with some authority.

Tirrenia is a resort town (much like Marina di Pisa and Viareggio.) Beaches are wide and quite nice (or were years ago.) Cannot speak about their current state. Been close twice in the past 1 1/2 years but beaches were not our priority.

Have you considered the culture and history of the area and what you will be missing by spending the day on the beach?

Archived