Star/Mexican Riviera-Tendor or dock

lgfromdg

I am considering the Star March 21, 2009 cruise. A number of reviewers have complained that the ship tenders at all 3 ports and consequently much port time is taken up by tendering. My questions is, does the Star always tender at these ports or does she sometimes dock? If she docks sometimes, is there any place I can look to see whether that would be the case on the 3/21/09 sailing?

I know when we took her last April she docked at Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco and tendered at Cabo and Ixtapa/Zihua. But maybe that has changed along with the itinerary? We are taking her again this April. I felt like the tendering went very smoothly when we did it.

Nov 8 star sailing out of LA, we tendered Cabo (always no port space to dock), docked Mazatlan (2 ships of space, 2 ships in) and tendered at Puerto Vallarta (2 ships of space, 3 ships in, we "lost").

I thought it worked fine BUT the boat wasn't packed. No tickets were used in Puerto Vallarta for the tenders and it worked fine.

Archived