Did you see each other before the ceremony?

I'm not very much into traditions or superstitions but some in my family think it's absolutely unheard of for my fiance and I to see each other before the ceremony.

We are getting married 5/8/09 aboard the Carnival Miracle out of NYC. His family is coming from MD, my family from south Jersey and NYC and he and I live in DE. I'm chartering a bus to pick everyone up and return the non sailing guests.

It seems like too much of a hassle to try to avoid him on the big day.

What did you ladies do or plan to do?

We had planned not to see each other - not for any reason in particular. We ended up all getting to the port at the same time and not 100% knowing where to go, so we saw each other briefly there. Once inside, our coordinator stashed him away so that we didn't see each other again until I walked down the aisle.

We are sailing on the Carnival Sensation, and getting married in the port, and the ceremony isn't until 5:30 pm so my fiancee and I will definitely see each other. We both want to explore Nassau together, so we're okay with that.

I had thought about not seeing him until the ceremony, and just hang out with my friends, but neither one of us have been to the Bahamas, so it didn't seem right to not share the experience together.

I did not see my husband before the ceremony. Though it made the actual moment more exciting, I think if I had to do it again, I might do it differently. The night before, I didn't sleep well and I think I would have slept better with him by my side. I was a little nervous and he can always make me feel better. The main thing I didn't want him to see was my dress, so I would have been ok with seeing him beforehand.

I completly understand Mrs Lance'sBride. :-D

We've only been apart one night the 14 months we've been together and we just enjoying spending as much time together as we can. I'd be a wreck the night before without him. And the control freak in me would be calling him every 20 min to make sure he packed everything he needed and was where he and needed and on schedule.

Just a superstition. Not founded on fact imho.

Nice to not see each other in final outfits...but ok to see in regular clothes.

I spent the day with my husband the day we were married. We did get dressed separately.

We have been married 17 years and we are very happy. ;)

We stayed together the night before in the hotel, but didn't see each other before the ceremony. I left our hotel room at 7:00 before he was even awake to go to the salon. I then arrived at the port about 20 minutes before him. This was pretty easy to manage with cell phones. I took a cab from the salon with my MOH and he arrived with the rest of the guests. The TWE coordinator had me wait in the VIP check in lounge in a private room, and he was in a separate room with the other guests. When the ship cleared customs, I was the first person brought on the ship. The coordinator made sure I was safe in my room and then went and got everyone else. I was really surprised at how smoothly it went.

When me and my wife eloped we were with eachother in the morning but when we went to the place to get ready they had two seperate cabins in the garden for us to get ready... I got in the van 1st and was blindfolded and then she got in... I never saw her untill she walked down the sand... It was perfect!

DH and I were dressed seperately, but met in the atrium of the ship (on purpose) so that we could all travel as a group. There would have been no possible way to not see each other, so it worked out well that we wanted to see each other first.

From the ship we had to go to the courthouse first, so we went there together, then to our ceremony. It worked out perfect!

DH and I did not see eachother. We were together in the morning to go to the courthouse and then we parted ways to various family members hotel rooms to get ready. DH drove to beach with his parents and I went in the limo with my family. He did not see me until the ceremony started. I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I got to see him pacing back and forth as I sat in the limo waiting for ceremony to start. He was so excited he couldn't stand it!!!

My husband and I did not see other. He got to the terminal first. I told the wedding consultant two days before the wedding that we did not see other. I was lucky and met my coordinator on a site visit and had her contact information. I waited until he went thru security. Once he got thru security, they had him on the left side of the terminal and I was on the opposite end. If you have efficient people, they can assist you.

When me and my wife eloped we were with eachother in the morning but when we went to the place to get ready they had two seperate cabins in the garden for us to get ready... I got in the van 1st and was blindfolded and then she got in... I never saw her untill she walked down the sand... It was perfect!

You brought tears to my eyes!

We managed to not see each other from Friday night until the wedding. It was tough but everyone knows that we both wanted to do this. On Friday night, I booked another room to share with my Mom and he shared our room with his brother who was only in Miami for 1 night. We had 60 guests. Once our group had gone through the security line at the Carnival Terminal, I was taken away from the group and taken on the opposite side of the building away from our group. My Mom, sister, and 2 friends were with me. A TWE coordinator was with me the whole time and a second coordinator was assigned to my fiance and the rest of the group. My small group was taken to the VIP room while the rest of them were to the Lounge area. We were the first ones who embarked and taken directly to our cabin. My fiance was taken to a second cabin I reserved for him. Just let everyone knows that this is what you wanted to happen. Consider another cabin for your fiance to change in. Everyone will accommodate your request. So, it can be done. Good luck!!!

My husband and I saw each other. We decided that we would take that time before the ceremony to mingle with our guests since we knew there was not much time w/ only having a one hour reception. We separated when we boarded. My only wish was that he not see my in my gown until I walked down the isle.

My husband and I were married in St. Lucia this past February via the Emerald Princess. It was just the two of us. We knew that we would have to travel to the lawyer's office in the morning to do the paper work, so we decided that after we got back onboard...he would quickly get dressed and we picked a spot (a coffee shop at the bottom of the grand staircase) where he would wait for me to come to him after I was dressed. That way we could have a special "meeting" before we traveled to our ceremony location. The planner, photographer, and the lady that helped me get dressed were great...they had him wait to turn around to see me until I had started to descend the stairs. It was so perfect and romantic. The photographer was able to capture a lot of this. I wouldn't change a thing.

Archived