Bus from Miramar to OSJ?

coast2coast

Hi!

Has anyone ever taken the local bus from Courtyard Miramar to Old San Juan? We will be arriving around 4:00 p.m. on a Friday in January, and (hopefully) will be ready to go out and explore by 7 p.m. Thought it might be neat to see Old San Juan at night and see the ships lit up in port. Heard it was an inexpensive way to get to OSJ. How long does it take to get there on the bus, and is it safe to travel at night? I'll be with DH and DD (8 yrs).

I have not done it personally, but from what I hear it is safe and cheap way to get around, during the day. The bus itself is safe, I assume it is the standing at a lonely bus stop in a non-tourist zone that may be iffy, or the walking back from the bus stop.

If the bus stop is close to your hotel and is in a good area, then I think it is fine (ask the hotel staff). M, A5, B8 all look like they go by your hotel. The buses in OSJ start/end at a terminal right by the cruise ships, so that end is fine.

The buses only run until 10pm. It should only take about 10 - 15 mins to get to OSJ.

Archived