Line Ups

vickie_bernie

A word about line ups on the Star. Princess in its infinite wisdom tried to load 35 busses in 15 minutes, just for the record, 'It can't be done'.

We lined up 20 minutes early, at the doors of the theater where we were told to meet, but there was a slight problem, the doors were closed and to line up properly we had to face AWAY from the doors! we moved slowly away from the theater, past the first set of elevators, and ROUND the second set, amidship, where we headed back to the theater!

This unfortunately was NOT funny! We were late going on an eight hour tour, and the ship had to wait 90 minuites for us to return!!!

John

In Buenos Aires the night before a flight to Tierra del Fuego to board a ship to Antartica, I forgot to leave clothes out for the next day. Suitcases had to be in the hotel hallways by 11:00 p.m. or something. Awakening at 5:00 the next morning, I promptly realized I had no clothes to wear except for my very bright mint green Garfield the Cat flannel pajamas, Asics sneakers and a sheepish grin.

You can imagine the looks I got in line for the bus to the airport, in line at the airports, in line at customs in Tierra del Fuego, etc. The flight's pilot was cracking up, too.

Once I got over the initial embarrasment, I sort of had fun with it because SO many people came up to talk, laugh and commiserate with me - they probably thought I was in a hidden camera show or something. It was a bit nippy in Tierra del Fuego (20's) without a jacket and when I FINALLY got on the ship, I had to wait a few hours until our luggage came to our cabin so I was walking around in those bright green Garfield jammies AND a way too-large red expedition parka. Hey, don't hate me because I am a fashion icon...

My husband will deny this, but my pajama episode was HIS fault. I forgot to put clothes out for myself as I was packing up all of HIS stuff because he insisted on watching several episodes of "Friends" in Spanish! Note: he does not even SPEAK Spanish.

In Buenos Aires the night before a flight to Tierra del Fuego to board a ship to Antartica, I forgot to leave clothes out for the next day. Suitcases had to be in the hotel hallways by 11:00 p.m. or something. Awakening at 5:00 the next morning, I promptly realized I had no clothes to wear except for my very bright mint green Garfield the Cat flannel pajamas, Asics sneakers and a sheepish grin.

You can imagine the looks I got in line for the bus to the airport, in line at the airports, in line at customs in Tierra del Fuego, etc. The flight's pilot was cracking up, too.

Once I got over the initial embarrasment, I sort of had fun with it because SO many people came up to talk, laugh and commiserate with me - they probably thought I was in a hidden camera show or something. It was a bit nippy in Tierra del Fuego (20's) without a jacket and when I FINALLY got on the ship, I had to wait a few hours until our luggage came to our cabin so I was walking around in those bright green Garfield jammies AND a way too-large red expedition parka. Hey, don't hate me because I am a fashion icon...

My husband will deny this, but my pajama episode was HIS fault. I forgot to put clothes out for myself as I was packing up all of HIS stuff because he insisted on watching several episodes of "Friends" in Spanish! Note: he does not even SPEAK Spanish.

too funny! Any picture?

Two line stories, one cruise related, the other not:

1) on Emerald Princess last year, we congregate in the theater to get assigned to our tour bus. The Princess person comes up to us, and says "follow me". So we get in a big line and follow her. The line she was leading went right past the line at the dining room for breakfast. At some point, the distinction between one line and the other was blurred, and we all ended up in the dining room line, even though we had no idea that's where we were. The Princess rep, after going down the stairs to the gangplank, looked around and saw that her group of 30 was now a group of 5. She made her way back up to where we were all standing and let us know that the group for the tour could go downstairs with her.

2) Cancun Airport: Our Frontier Flight is scheduled to leave at 5:00 (give or take). We get to the airport at around 2:00. The Frontier ticket counter isn't open yet, so we start to congregate in front of where the ticket counter is. They have these movable line ropes that help move people towards the front of the line. You've all seen them. Well, as there was nobody at the counter, there wasn't any reason to really have these things. But they were there. One of the airport cops, who obviously had nothing else to do, spent the better part of 45 minutes arranging and re-arranging the ropes. Often, he would only move them an inch or two to one side or the other. The folks standing around got a good laugh out of that one.

Too funny :D maybe if you search the www you will find some pics - I'm sure others took some:D:D

Archived