hotwire.com hotels in rome

You may want to check out http://www.venere.com/

I found it to be a great source for booking in Rome, Venice and Barcelona. Easy to navigate too :)

I used this site as well for our stay in Rome back in 2005. I used trip advisor 1st to check out the hotel reviews then went to venere to book the hotels. great price and absolutely no problems with the hotel bookings at all.

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone booked a hotel in rome, italy through hotwire.com? I would be interested in knowing the identity of their 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. Thank you.

Well we just used it and I am not sure it was such a good idea. While we did get a name brand hotel - Sheraton Roma Hotel - it is about 5 miles from all the major sites. The hotel does run a free shuttle to downtown Rome every hour and also a shuttle to the airport for 5 euros. The savings may be outweighed by the location but only time will tell. It got good reviews on Tripadvisor and most people said that the shuttle worked good and so the location worked out ok so we will have to see. Probably will cost about 15 euros to get there from the train station from what I read. The price we paid with taxes was USD $118.

Brewster

I DO NOT recommend booking a Hotwire hotel outside the U.S. The star ratings are typically lower than Tripadvisor or Priceline by at least one star. I learned a very valuable lesson in Puerto Rico last year and will not use them again as a result. However, I have had some good luck with Priceline. Betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com gives you recent prices and hotel wins in various areas.

Good luck and have fun in Rome.

• 3 weeks later...
Well we just used it and I am not sure it was such a good idea. While we did get a name brand hotel - Sheraton Roma Hotel - it is about 5 miles from all the major sites. The hotel does run a free shuttle to downtown Rome every hour and also a shuttle to the airport for 5 euros. The savings may be outweighed by the location but only time will tell. It got good reviews on Tripadvisor and most people said that the shuttle worked good and so the location worked out ok so we will have to see. Probably will cost about 15 euros to get there from the train station from what I read. The price we paid with taxes was USD $118.

Brewster

Well Hotwire just contacted us and advised that the hotel could not provide some of the services listed and as such we were given the option of cancelling with a full refund. Given the location I decided to cancel.

Archived