"Holiday" Secrets (and CC Logbook)

centerpoint

Okay, there used to be a section on this BB where you could exchange tips/secrets about the ship you were sailing.

That's how I found a practically empty spot for sail-away on the Valor during my last cruise!

So here's my questions:

1) Any good spots on "Holiday" for sail-away that are "less-known," and therefore less crowded?

2) Also, is there a Cruise Critic logbook on Holiday - and if so, where is it?

thanks! we sail on Jan 17 2008!

hey,centerpoint.I'm sorry this is my first time.I went on the holiday lasy year and there isnt a place that iant crowded on that ship because of the size.The ship is very pretty and no different from any other ships for the activies.You might want to get to the lido dinning room early for lunch though because it gets crowded fast.We will be there on the ship also.

Okay, there used to be a section on this BB where you could exchange tips/secrets about the ship you were sailing.

That's how I found a practically empty spot for sail-away on the Valor during my last cruise!

So here's my questions:

1) Any good spots on "Holiday" for sail-away that are "less-known," and therefore less crowded?

We have been on Holiday three times. The first two, it was not crowded, but that was in 2005 and 2006. Apparently when a ship is know to be in its last year of US-port cruising, everybody wants to get into the act. There were TONS of people on our October 2008 cruise.

In reply to 1): There is an observation deck that can be reached by taking the Veranda deck cabin area's hallway to the front. The deck can also be reached from the lido deck if you go out one of the side doors forward of the pool bar and continue forward on the open deck and up a stairway. The downside is that you will probably not get drink service up there.

So here's my questions:

According to Capt Leotta, it is in the library..I've looked, but no luck..on the Lido aft, there is a door that goes back to the fwd direction, on the term side..if you sit on the stb side in the last table/chairs, b4 going out the "whoosh" doors, you will see it rt next to the waiters dirty dish stand area. If you find the book, let me know..as I'm on her Jan 31..lucky

Archived