Solarium pool - can you swim laps?

tbmrt

Pending it not being crowded OR FREEZING can one swim laps in the Solarium pool?

Please come back and tell us if they have warmed this up, would you? We are sailing the same day, but on the Westerdam:o

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I can't wait to hear your review.

Pending it not being crowded OR FREEZING can one swim laps in the Solarium pool?

I am mildly confused. I seem to recall viewing a rendering that illustrated an outdoor lap pool. Is this the same pool as the solarium pool? If they are separate pools, then I cannot imagine that there would be any imnpediment to swimming laps in the lap pool, particularly since they are usually too deep to allow them to become "gossip" pools.

By the way, our experiences on the M class have been that no pools, except the T-pool, are heated. This is not too bad, since the pool water will be about the same temperature as the water of the beaches which you might visit.

I have read on different threads that the solarium is only for aqua class........is this true or can any guest use it . This is one of the reasons I booked aqua class. I was also wondering do they have a thassotherapy pool and can this be used by all. I know this sounds like ny nose is in the air. but I just wanted to know.:rolleyes:

I have read on different threads that the solarium is only for aqua class........is this true or can any guest use it . This is one of the reasons I booked aqua class. I was also wondering do they have a thassotherapy pool and can this be used by all. I know this sounds like ny nose is in the air. but I just wanted to know.:rolleyes:

Anyone 16 and up can use the solarium pool. There is no T pool. I didn't get in the solarium pool, but felt it with my hand and it seemed quite warm.

We were in the Solarium every day, it is my favorite public space of any vessel I have ever sailed on. It is lovely and the water just sparkles and is warm! Someone had said that the pool was not heated but this isn't true. I was in the pool and felt the warm water coming out of the jets in the bottom of the pool. It is a very nice temperature. You can certainly swim laps if the pool isn't crowded. It was never crowded when I was in it but sometimes there were enough people dotted around that you probably couldn't do laps comfortably. It was certainly big enough to swim laps.

IMG_2221.jpg.a99c6f682b3ac37f546ef5e0273bf956.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg.266f5c2c52698a6d0d23e365f98f3e7b.jpg

We were in the Solarium every day, it is my favorite public space of any vessel I have ever sailed on. It is lovely and the water just sparkles and is warm! Someone had said that the pool was not heated but this isn't true. I was in the pool and felt the warm water coming out of the jets in the bottom of the pool. It is a very nice temperature. You can certainly swim laps if the pool isn't crowded. It was never crowded when I was in it but sometimes there were enough people dotted around that you probably couldn't do laps comfortably. It was certainly big enough to swim laps.

Exactly. Nice to swim laps in and from what I also saw not crowded at all.

They did have nice covered chairs for two with pillows to lay back in and relax.

The chairs also moved in a circle if you wanted to look out to sea.

I was there in the early AM - only one other person one day when I would swim laps at about 7:40AM.

It was cold and not heated on the first sailing. Very disapointing. I guess one can do laps but it looks much bigger in print than actual size. Hope they are putting warmer water in now after many were concerned about the temp.

We go back on the Constellation next week and look forwarded to the T pool.

Ship is lovely though. Enjoy.

Sue

Archived