MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

I called royal today because my november cruise on brilliance had a price drop. yay! before i even got to that, the gentleman asked me if i wanted my time dining. we are traveling with another couple, so i didn't want to make any decisions for the group.

so i asked for MTD on explorer april 26th and he said that he could not sign me up until february 13th. that the computer wouldn't allow him to sign that up until the ship actually started MTD. i had sent an email to the email address that you have all been using a couple of days ago and got a reply today saying i could not sign up until i got onboard on april 26th.

i'm going to just keep on calling once a week because i am also afraid that it will fill up. strange to get different information from different people. oh well, the final payment is due on february 13th anyway, so i'll be calling them for that and i'll prepay the tips.

Has anyone sailing on Liberty of the Seas been able to sign up for MTD - or have all of you been told you have to wait and sign up on board?

I've been told by my TA at first that I'd have to sign up once onboard, but when I pressed her about prepaying tips she emailed me back and said my time dining wasn't available on our 2/14/09 cruise on the LOS. I'm not worried about it, if it's available onboard that's cool, if not that's fine too.

Bob

Has anyone sailing on Liberty of the Seas been able to sign up for MTD - or have all of you been told you have to wait and sign up on board?

I just got off the phone with RC and signed up for MTD on our 3/14 Liberty cruise. I had emailed the RC rep that booked our cruise over the weekend that we wanted MTD-he emailed back yesterday saying it wasn't available. I then emailed him back and said that according to the great cruise criticers that it seemed it was available. Lo and behold, he emailed back and said yes, it does seem to be available. So I called just now and set it up. Just had to give cc# again for the prepaid tips! It seems it just depends on who you talk to??

Ok - I just called - and was given MTD for the LOS May 23rd sailing.... which is great! There sure as heck is a lot of confusion between those on email support with RCLDining - and phone customer support. Seems some have gotten it through email - some not..... some have gotten it via phone like I just did.... some not!

I've been told by my TA at first that I'd have to sign up once onboard, but when I pressed her about prepaying tips she emailed me back and said my time dining wasn't available on our 2/14/09 cruise on the LOS. I'm not worried about it, if it's available onboard that's cool, if not that's fine too.

Bob

Someone had signed up for MTD in January on Liberty. I would try again. It may be that it is too late to pay the tips at this point. If that is the case, you will need to sign up when you get on board, but you should still be able to sign up.

I'm from UK and have just booked Indy for 9th May 09.

We've been offered MTD which i'm very glad about.

Only Q i have is which Dinning room will we be in for it. Not that it matters, I'm sure we'll be told when all info comes through.

Glad to hear there's no waiting.

Princess was not to bad, but did have to wait a couple of times.

Cheers,

kezz

Ok - I just called - and was given MTD for the LOS May 23rd sailing.... which is great! There sure as heck is a lot of confusion between those on email support with RCLDining - and phone customer support. Seems some have gotten it through email - some not..... some have gotten it via phone like I just did.... some not!

Yea - Congrats. It does seem like a higher percentage of us are being successful though as time passes, so that is a good sign.

Ann

Just booked MTD for our June Radiance cruise, also got price drop too.:D:D

Take this for what it's worth but I was told that MTD just got into the computer system for vaction planners within the last couple of days. Girl who processed my request said she was getting quite a few. Also said any vaction planner should be able to accomplish this now. I'll believe that when I see it. So those who called and where told no or wait til you board might want to try again. I tried 3 wekks ago and was told no MTD for our cruise and now I'm looking at my confirmation. Just another case for the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing I guess. Well at least it worked out in the end. Good Luck to everyone else trying for MTD.

For those of you (like me) that called and requested MTD (and were told you have it).... do you see it anywhere on your reservation online? Ours still has just the two buttons for either Main or Late sitting - I don't see anything that indicates we have MTD.

Anyone have luck getting MTD for the Mariner yet?

Last I was told we had to wait until we got on board but with others having success for other ships, figured I'd ask...

I just got an email back today, telling me that MTD will be available on the Mariner for my sailing, but I have to wait till I'm onboard to sign up for it. My cruise is on 3/29, so it should be available for you as well.

I think I'm going to wait a week or so and then try calling them to see if I can prepay my tips and get signed up over the phone.

Hi!

We would love to do the mtd on the Marner but it wasn't on the list until March so I won't get my hopes up. I may check about it. We do the late dining since the early is too early but 8:30 is really almost too late when you have to be up early. They offered this option on the Enchantment in November but I was with a group and most of us were on late so it was already established. We were lucky enough to go on the Navigator in Dec. but this wasn't offered on that ship yet. Oh well, it will be a good excuse to book another cruise to try this. I liked it on NCL but was with 3 other people each time so we always just got our own table. Their food is not nearly as interesting, we are loyal to RC and working on that +!

Selene

I was just successful moving to My Time Dining on our LOS cruise Easter week. I was told over the weekend by the RC rep that I would not be able to do it until April, and maybe not until on board, so I was really happy to get this squared away.

I was just successful moving to My Time Dining on our LOS cruise Easter week. I was told over the weekend by the RC rep that I would not be able to do it until April, and maybe not until on board, so I was really happy to get this squared away.

You just called again after a few days and they were able to do it? I'm crossing my fingers that when I call back in a week or so, they'll be able to sign us up ahead of time.

I just confirmation that we have MTD for our cruise - LOS April18-25!!! My TA tried once, told it was not available, but she pressed them a bit and we got it!!! Yippee

Also, the pre-paid gratuities were not nearly as much as I thought - just an FYI.

I just confirmation that we have MTD for our cruise - LOS April18-25!!! My TA tried once, told it was not available, but she pressed them a bit and we got it!!! Yippee

Also, the pre-paid gratuities were not nearly as much as I thought - just an FYI.

I would check the pre-paid gratuities total against this -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/onboardExtrasFaq.do#12

and this ...

Suite attendant:$5.75 USDa day per guest

Stateroom attendant:$3.50 USDa day per guest

Dining Room Waiter:$3.50 USDa day per guest

Assistant Waiter:$2.00 USDa day per guest

Headwaiter:$.75 USDa day per guest

The first time our TA called to add on the gratuities, they messed it up. When she received the confirmation and noticed and called back, it was much higher. They had only added them on for 1 person, but they added on more than they should have for that one person. Sorrry - too confusing to explain - just do the math yourself and double check. :D

Those don't add up to what we are paying! I asked her to double check as I had it figured out using the guideline but they confirmed it (RCI) as much lower - maybe a fluke, or we just got lucky!!

Remember you only have to add in the suite or the stateroom attendant, but not both.

With RCCL, I don't think I would just assume I got lucky because it could get caught in an audit later. If MTD is important to you, I would really call back again and double check with a different person.

For our cruise, it should have been $117 per person. There are 4 of us in two cabins. They charged $118 for each cabin. When our TA talked to someone different she appologized for the mistake and fixed it and charged $116 extra for each cabin.

Although this mistake won't affect your cruise, just possibly your dining selection, I have seen where a RCCL staff member charged someone the wrong rate for a room and then they were told when they showed up at the port that they had to pay the difference or they couldn't get on the ship. Mistakes are made all the time.

Just my opinion. :)

I (think) I was successful with MTD on Liberty for 2/14 sailing.

However it was inconsistant. I called and talked to a vacation planner who immediately said no, it is not an option. Then I had a question on my C&A membership and was transferred there. That woman was so helpful with that question that I asked again on MTD. She put me on hold awhile came back and said yes - I can do that for you. She took my CC# for the gratuities and emailed the confirmation....

Now the confirmation she sent in email was for the prepaid gratuities and it still said main dining and the website still says main dining. So we'll see...we'll plan to go to the DR when we board.

I've asked my TA to check again, because the figure does not seem right to what you are saying, nor what I had calculated. RCI informed her we would need to pre-pay ALL gratuities for all who receive. That is not a problem for us at all, so I will wait and see what she comes back with - thanks for the advice...I think there may be a mistake somewhere!!

I've asked my TA to check again, because the figure does not seem right to what you are saying, nor what I had calculated. RCI informed her we would need to pre-pay ALL gratuities for all who receive. That is not a problem for us at all, so I will wait and see what she comes back with - thanks for the advice...I think there may be a mistake somewhere!!

No problem. I hope they work things out for you. Remember my quote was in US dollars, so I 'm not sure how that affects it.

It is really ashame that we have to figure things out because the employees don't know what they are doing. I'm not sure what people without Cruise Critic do.

Funny how I received an email from RCI dining stating MTD will be on our 2/22/09 sailing of AOS, but she told me I had to sign up onboard. Others have been successful signing up before hand so I had my TA call again and ask, and he was told it was not available on this ship. I do believe it will be though, so I'll just wait until we board I guess.

Archived