The Baths - Tortola

ladyjane550

If you don't want to snorkel, you can take your own trip to the Baths without prearranging. And avoid the high price of the X excursions. There will be all kinds of tours available for you to choose from. Go to the ports of call board for more info.

I want to see the Baths. I do not like to snorkle. Is there only the 1 excursion offered by Celebrity?? Any ideas????

I'm not familiar with the Celebrity excursion to the Baths, but if they can get you ashore, you don't need to snorkel to enjoy them! Have visited the Baths many, many times as a charter sailor (small sailboat). The snorkeling right there is decent, but not spectacular, anyway :D!

The Baths are WONDERFUL. Enjoy!!!!!

I want to see the Baths. I do not like to snorkle. Is there only the 1 excursion offered by Celebrity?? Any ideas????

our most recent cruise several passengers from our roll call decided to do the Baths on their own.

It was much cheaper then the cruise line was offering. Not to mention, they didn't have to rush with the group tours.

I sorta regret not going as they all raved about it.

Our next trip to Tortola will be spent at the Baths!

Check out speedy's for times & prices.

Also check out the Tortola board;. Lots of great info over there.

Have fun!

Michelle

Yeah do it on your own. Speedy's is the way to go. Find them on the internet for schedules, etc. They know when the ships are coming in and will be waiting for you anyway.

Have fun. You won't be disappointed.

Last January we took the Baths excursion with X (on the Galaxy) and enjoyed the rocks and water without snorkeling, unless we chose to. We were bused to the top of the cliffs going down to the baths, walked down and through . . . and loved it.

Other excursions came in by boat, but they weren't that far off shore, and you could easily swim in to shore from where they anchored.

Check the wording carefully to see if snorkeling is necessary, or simply an option on the trip. But do find a way to go. It's awesome!

:) ninkb

If you don't want to snorkel, you can take your own trip to the Baths without prearranging. And avoid the high price of the X excursions. There will be all kinds of tours available for you to choose from. Go to the ports of call board for more info.

Assuming you are docked in the same area that we were...just to the end of the dock and make a left at the first street..walk along the water for about 10 minutes or less and you will see two ferries to Tortola..One is much better than the other. We did not do the luncheon portion just the ferry as we choose to return to the ship for lunch..I believe it was Speedys. Here is there website http://www.speedysbvi.com/..the other ferry to the left looked really old and dirty..make sure you check the price on the website and print it..they honored that price for us..I think others paid a higher fare...feel free to email us at eandmburke@aol.com

Another thought is to check to see how many ships are around the area. The first time we were there it was soooo crowded, it wasn't anything special. However on another visit, the area had half the people and it was much nicer. We could actually get some nice pics without 20 strangers in the pictures.

There are a number of tours that go there. We, a group that missed not having Miss Purr along :(, took Speedy's with the meal add-on for $48 pp. At least half of the beauty of the Baths is going through the 'caves' although there is another way down. My DW had some concern about it when reading some of the posts regarding the degree of difficulty in getting there, once you get to Virgin Gorda site. Indeed it can be crowded, but the ship's excursion left about 2 hours before we did so eventually all that were left was a small group of us. Yes, the trek down is not a simple 'walk in the park' but if you are in reasonably good health and watch where you walk, it poses little problem. It was one of the highlights of the cruise. For a point of reference, I am 64 and my sweetie is a good number of years younger but still has a shot of collecting social Security before it goes bankrupt. :D

Archived