Need ages for kid clubs, please.

pampaul

We are a family of four (DH, me and two boys 11 & 13) Our first cruise we were on the Norwegian Dawn. Had a blast but the boys were not allowed in the same clubs due to the age bracket. Our second cruise was on Disney Magic and they were able to go to the same clubs.

We are now planning our next trip and we are thinking a week in Disney World and then a 4-night cruise. My Dh was thinking the Norwegian Sky but I was looking at the kids club and they won't be able to be in the same club due to their ages. It's not that I mind them being in two separate clubs, but I KNOW my oldest will not go off on his own (he's very shy) My youngest one is a social butterfly though and will talk with anyone and make friends with anyone who crosses his path. I did take a peek on a Carnival ship (I think) and noticed that they would be able to be together. My question is....they will be 12 and 13 by the time we sail (June/July 2009) Which cruise lines accommodate them being in the same kids club? Thanks so much.

I can only give advice from my experience but others with more experience will have better info. CCL let our daughter go from 8 to 9 group since it was 10 days short of her BD but would not allow her to sign herself in/out. BUT they would not allow a 9 y/o in the 8 y/o group. NCL combined all the groups since there were only about 20 kids onboard. The problem you have is that 13 is technically a teen and has free roam with any cruise line. Personally I think Disney and CCL are the only one that would allow them together.

Believe Carnival still has a 12 - 14 yr group. I think RCCL does to. Princess puts 13yr olds in the 13-17 yr old group but then they don't do 4 night sails.

Your boys would probably enjoy the larger RCCL ships more - Voyager class but I don't think they do Caribbean sailings in the summer.

Believe Carnival still has a 12 - 14 yr group. I think RCCL does to. Princess puts 13yr olds in the 13-17 yr old group but then they don't do 4 night sails.

Your boys would probably enjoy the larger RCCL ships more - Voyager class but I don't think they do Caribbean sailings in the summer.

Wow I'm really slipping today..that is correct RCCL is 12-14 as well.

Archived