Hqve you ever entertained your cabin steward?

IDKaren

they work hard, yes but it is the job that they have taken. i work extremely hard for a living as well to earn the $$ to go on cruises. i respect these people for the work they do but i will not go overboard with the the way i act towards them. i will be polite and say hello and tip them but i work every bit as hard as they do so i will take it as a wash and treat them no different than i would a waiter or a cable guy or a car wash attendant.

they work hard, yes but it is the job that they have taken. i work extremely hard for a living as well to earn the $$ to go on cruises. i respect these people for the work they do but i will not go overboard with the the way i act towards them. i will be polite and say hello and tip them but i work every bit as hard as they do so i will take it as a wash and treat them no different than i would a waiter or a cable guy or a car wash attendant.

A waiter, a cable guy or a car wash attendant only 'takes' care of us for a few minutes or until their job is done. A cabin steward takes care of us for 16 hrs a day/7 days a week. (and if needed, anytime during the night too!) And they mostly live by their tips! Would you be willing to give up your salary to work as hard, as long, and for as little? I doubt if any of us would... especially if it meant being away from our families for months at a time!

That is why I don't mind being more than just 'considerate' to these hard-working individuals! Helping them to laugh a little more often is hardly a sin. And the thanks I get for going that extra special few steps is always in their eyes... That's all I need to make my cruise a 'winner'!

A waiter, a cable guy or a car wash attendant only 'takes' care of us for a few minutes or until their job is done. A cabin steward takes care of us for 16 hrs a day/7 days a week. (and if needed, anytime during the night too!) And they mostly live by their tips! Would you be willing to give up your salary to work as hard, as long, and for as little? I doubt if any of us would... especially if it meant being away from our families for months at a time!

That is why I don't mind being more than just 'considerate' to these hard-working individuals! Helping them to laugh a little more often is hardly a sin. And the thanks I get for going that extra special few steps is always in their eyes... That's all I need to make my cruise a 'winner'!

I agree with you, what is the golden rule...do unto others as you would have them do unto you! Crusin w Chris, just remember everyone works hard and all appreciate a little kindness!

On one of our December cruises out of Galveston, we had arrived early at the pier and decided to make one last trip to a nearby Walgreens. I saw a small christmas bear there and decided it would be a great addition to our stateroom. Yes, he was moved around many times, shared the towel animals, wore my sun glasses and so on. Both the room steward and we were always positioning the bear. Now we have a small stuffed dog we bring along for the same reason. We would not cruise without a stuffed animal.

The snake was a great story. Our stuffed dog (now but may be replaced...hmm) may have to be joined by a nice looking rattle snake (we live in the southwest after all!). I can see a lot of fun with one.

I really enjoyed the story about elmo being taped to the outside of the balcony door. I bet that was great. I also enjoyed the story about the "adoption" offer.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can. On to our next cruise :D

I'm sure your past cabin attendants have appreciated being treated as professionals. No harm, no foul. I suspect, however, that none of your stewards remembers you specifically with a warm smile for adding some whimsy to his week, as doubtless the OP's does.

Caro

Can you say..........................................GRINCH!!!!!!!!

Can you say..........................................GRINCH!!!!!!!!

no not grinch. i do admire the workers and i do greet them and carry on very nice conversations with them. they are ALL very nice people and i greatly appreciate them and i do let the higher ups know it every time i cruise. i always tip above and beyond the basic guide lines because i know they dont make very much money and they have families back home so please dont read into this the wrong way as it was not intended that way.

Archived